Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My neighbor has a daughter

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:57 AM
  • 13 Replies

that is lazy and blah, blah, blah. I'm gossiping but she makes me upset. Every time she pulls up to their house she is too lazy to come knock on the door (I live in a duplex) so she honks.

She just honked at 5:45 am right outside my bedroom window.

Ugg I could say more but I won't.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:14 AM

Go to her house at 3 AM (or when you think she is asleep) and blow an air horn LOL. J/K but it would be funny.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:57 AM

I can sympathize with you.  Some neighbors are just downright RUDE.  My neighbors upstairs must be stunt actors.  They jump around and bounce all over the place.  The floor squeaks very loudly.  Why do they feel the need to RUN and STOMP from the bedroom to the kitchen or living room, and then back again, at all hours of day and night?  They are both such heavy walkers/runners/jumpers.  And their baby cries A LOT.  And they STILL have their AC on - it's only 60 degrees outdoors and their AC is on.  I constantly hear it running.  I am wondering if maybe their electric is subsidized because he doesn't work.  I can barely afford to turn mine on just for a few hours in the late afternoon when the heat of the day has finally built up enough to make me uncomfortable, and then back off before I go to sleep.   They've lived here for 4 months now and I don't think they have shut their AC off once and I have no clue what they are doing to that baby to keep her crying like she does.  Once, they had their music on so loud I could hear both it AND the baby crying AT THE SAME TIME.  Usually happens about 1 in the morning when I NEED to be sleeping!  

GRRRR!

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:19 AM

We have neighbors like that. Across the street. They've been there 25 years. Mom, Dad, 3 kids...17-23ish. The middle kid is a boy. He is SO lazy to help his Dad around the yard. It's not even a big yard, but Dad's a painter and works all day, the kid doesn't. He won't help him shovel, mow, rake, etc. And when they ask him to help, he mouths off and swears. I'd be beltin' that kid. Dan yells at him to help his Dad and stop being lame. haha. The younger girl, during the snow storm opened the window and yelled "Dad we don't have cable". Dan looked over and yelled back "So get out here and shovel with your father". haha. She slammed the window shut. ha. Seems like Dan is reprimanding more then the parents. hahahaha. They're not punks or anything bad, just LAZY! But it's the parents fault, they just keep opening their wallets anytime the kids want, without anything in return.  

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:24 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:34 AM

That is a shame :(

ceashell707
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Why wouldn't she just call them on her cell and tell them that she is there?  That has to be annoying.

Why123
by Nancy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:47 AM

I have lived in duplexes also and people can be annoying.  My daughter dated a guy for awhile that would sit outside my place and honk the horn.  The guy in the apt across from mine yelled at him to get out of the car and knock on the door.  The duplex I lived in before where I live now was the neighbor from hell.  We weren't supposed to have pets and she had 2 dogs.  One was a big boxer that barked constantly.  They kept it shut up in the back bedroom and did not turn on the air conditioning no matter how hot it got they had their windows open.  In my side with all of the windows closed and the air conditioning on, it sounded like that dog was in the room with me.  I finally had to move.   

r_luvli
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:12 PM
Exactly, or a quick text, "I'm here"

Quoting ceashell707:

Why wouldn't she just call them on her cell and tell them that she is there?  That has to be annoying.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DesignGirl450
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Very frustrating for you Michell.  You need to have a little chat with the neighbour and mention this.  You don't need to get angry or aggressive, of course, but if you don't let them know that it is a problem for you, it won't stop as long as you live there.   Good luck.   

Esmrlda
by Esme on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:57 PM

Soooo rude, I agree with Lynda and have a little chat with them.  You probablly finally fell asleep too after a restless night. 

jabs54
by Jeanine on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:12 PM

That is so rude!  Have you talked to your neighbor about it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)