Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Remember me telling you that we filed a police report?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:09 AM
  • 10 Replies

About the 18 yr. old that wouldn't leave my DD alone?

The arrested him and charged him with sexual misconduct on a child. He's on house arrest.

He may have destroyed his life but warning after warning he wouldn't leave her alone! Still I have the guilt but I know I shouldn't. He is so stupid. Or maybe he is sick. Who's to know? I hate feeling this way and my DD is upset because she thinks its extreme, but he has her, or had her, a little brainwashed and she is so naive and sheltered.

I'm rambling huh? Stressed. Guess that's why I couldn't sleep. Now she has to go see a victims advocate. Maybe that woman can make her understand.

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:48 AM

I am glad you were able to do something. Don't feel guilt, he was warned and did it to himself. He chose to continue with behavior that was illegal. I hope the VA can help your daughter see the situation for what it is.

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:04 AM

I agree with Lisa.  He made his choices.  But I don't know how to tell you not to feel "guilty" - I know that's much easier said than done.    I hope, with counseling, your daughter can understand - it may take her years, though, before she finally does. 

Way to Go, Michell.  Thank goodness for this group! 

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:47 AM

You did the right thing, so hope you get past the guilt.  Hopefully your daughter will benefit from the counseling and understand why it was necessary.  Stalking is a dangerous game and he needed to be stopped.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for you, join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:26 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:42 AM

Sad BUT .. YOU did the right thing,
He should have listened to you when you told him to leave your DD alone :)

r_luvli
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:03 PM
I don't know the back story, but I do no that sometimes we have to take extreme measures, in order to best protect our kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LEK19
by Group Admin on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Quoting r_luvli:

I don't know the back story, but I do no that sometimes we have to take extreme measures, in order to best protect our kids.

So true!

DesignGirl450
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:56 PM

He sounds like a rather disturbed young man, and you had to do what you could to protect your child.  Don't feel guilty. 

jabs54
by Jeanine on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:15 PM

I hope the advocate can talk some sense into your daughter!  Sometimes they will listen to someone other than their parent ;)

louannwilkins
by Louann on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Maybe he was sick in some way but the point is this....you needed to take care of your dd and you did.  I don't know how you can ease your guilt but I hope you can because you don't have anything to feel guilty about.  I assume you feel that way because of his age and who knows I might would feel the same way.  But....I do admire you for doing what you needed to do to protect your dd.   I hope you feel better soon about it.    :)

Shellness
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Quoting jabs54:

I hope the advocate can talk some sense into your daughter!  Sometimes they will listen to someone other than their parent ;)

I'm hoping that will be the case too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)