Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QOTD 9/14

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:58 AM
  • 18 Replies

Do you have a "warehouse" membership? Do you think they are worth the "dues"? Which do you have near you?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:01 AM

I don't have one for two reasons, 1. I don't have $56 to spend on membership and 2. I don't have the money to shop in bulk, hell most times I don't have the money to shop at all. If I did have the money though I would definatly go that route for my grocery shopping and for the occcasional "big Ticket" item. Two years ago my mom got a Flat Screen TV for $690, that was over $1000 elsewhere.

The only one we have near us is BJ's. I heard that Costco is good though.

kam013
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:15 AM

For the first time in about 10 years we got a BJ's membership again.  We used to shop there all the time, but just got to the point were we hardly ever went.  Now with DD expecting we got one again for diapers and that sort of stuff. 

We have both BJ's & Costco nearby by, but there is 1 Costco to every 10 BJ's.  I haven't been to Costco in a very long time, but when I did I found them to be more expensive than BJ's, that may have changed though.  We used to have a Sam's Club, but that closed down.

kimbee5
by Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:04 AM

we have had both sams and costco......but right now i dont have either.

i liked costco when we were in CA...they paid us a % of the amount we spent in a year back.  it paid for the next years memebership....so that is somehting to look for if going to club shop.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:36 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Not anymore,
Not too close to us so we let it go :)

BrenMOM
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:42 AM

WE have a Sams and I think Dh has a Bj's.  We get a company rate so the membership costs are decreased.

I have not been to a Sams to shop in a very long time. Don't have the need to buy things in bulk much and sometimes I forget about that as a place to check out to shop.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:17 AM

We have a Costco and I go there a lot.  We usually get enough in our refund check to cover the membership fee.  When we were traveling we had a Sam's Club because not everywhere had a Costco. The only thing I dislike about shopping is that I have to find someplace to put things when I get home.  6 rolls to Tpaper is much easier to find a place for than 12 rolls but then the cost factor comes into play and the 12 rolls are cheaper than the 6.  So Costco wins.

ThankfullyProud
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:29 AM

Yes, I have a BJ's membership. It is worth the savings on gas (that means a lot). We have been able to save on other things there too. However, I feel the membership fee should be eliminated so that more people could take advantage of the savings. I feel that they still would make ample profit just in sales. There really isn't any good reason to have a membership fee. It's just a profit ploy, as far as I see & it's not fair to those who REALLY need the savings to survive! THEY can't afford the fees! I know people who survive because they can only afford places like Aldi's!

Why123
by Nancy on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:03 AM

We don't have a Costco or a BJ's around here.  All we have is Sam's Club.  The only reason I have a membership is because we get a break in the price from work.  I don't think I have even used mine in the last year. 

r_luvli
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:08 PM
No. Evidently, my ex-husband added me onto his Sam's Club acct, but I have yet to go there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LEK19
by Group Admin on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Did have a Sams membership, but only used it once. There are none around here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)