Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Only a child of mine..........

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:40 PM
  • 6 Replies

two years ago hubby got me a really cute pair of brown sketcher sneakers...I could not wear them for more than an hour because I have unusualy high arches and they have zero arch support in them. They got tossed in the corner of the "shoe pile" and were forgotten about untill the end of last month when I discovered that Casey's sneakers wear so full of holes that you coule literaly stick two finger right through the sole.  apparently they had been that way for months but she did not tell me because she knew we couldn't afford new shoes, that is why I have had the pair I wear for almost 2 years.

I was sitting there wraking my brain..how can I get this child some shoes....I will NOT, no matter how poor we are, get shoes from a thrift store after a couple bad experiences from doing that as a child. SO I sit ther thinking, what bill can I get away with short changing so that she can have shoes when it hits me..."she can wear those sketchers that I can't......I think they are still around!"

WRONG! She worn them a few times and every time she wears them she ends up with bruises oin the tops of her big toes! Who the hell get bruises from shoes on the tops of their toes? SMH

So now I am back to figuring out what bill to shortchange so my poor kid can have shoes on her feet ugh!

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
r_luvli
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:31 AM
Well that sucks, sketchers aren't cheap shoes, either. What size does she wear?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Why123
by Nancy on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:48 AM

The shoes I am wearing right now I got for $5 on clearance at WalMart.  It's a thought. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Aww too bad,
Hope you can find something else for her ;)

ceashell707
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:54 AM

What size does she wear?  My daughters and I are shoe freaks, all wear different sizes and I know for a fact, some are still in boxes.  

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:07 AM

She Wears between a 7 and a 7 1/2 depends on the style..She has high arches also but not as high as mine are thankfully. It is really hard for me to find shoes that I like that have the arch support I need.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:09 AM

I love the Walmart idea but they never have any on sale in the sizes anyone in our house wears. They are always sixes 3 and 4 or 9 and up

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)