Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:29 PM
  • 22 Replies

Found out about a different food pantry other than the one I usually go to and figured why not give it a try, it's closer to me than the other one. So I head on over to the "new" FP and I LOVE it! Not only are all the people there extremely friendly but they have it set up like a grocery store and you are given a cart to get what you need. There are limits to how much of each item you can take of course..They go according to your family size and have people in each section who tell you how much you can get. Best of all they give you perishables!

We got 5 cans of vegetables, 2 cans of fruit, 2 boxes of cereal, a 5lb package of Salens hot dogs, 2 bags of Tilapia fillets, two small bags of frozen mixed berries, 4 tomatoes, a bag or Salad, 2 loaves of bread, a box of corn bread mix, a sleeve of ritz crackers,  an angel food cake (gonna make berry sauce for it!), a box of donuts, a dozen bakery cupcakes, 2 pks hamburg rolls, 2 pk hot dog rolls, a loaf of french bread, one of Italian bread, 3 packages of Alfredo, and a loaf of  Asiago garlic parmesan pull apart bread.

SIL had brought over some chicken breasts that she didn't eat last night so we had chicken alfredo, corn, and the pull apart bread for dinner tonigh. It was soooo yummmy!

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceashell707
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:38 PM

That is awesome!  And this is for free?  Sounds like you got some great meals for your family.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:01 PM

yep, it was free...you have to meet income guidlines for this food pantry and we are well below the income limit level. The best part is, we can go back every 2 weeks if needed. It is going to be such a blessing to our family!

Quoting ceashell707:

That is awesome!  And this is for free?  Sounds like you got some great meals for your family.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Aww....I'm SO happy you were able to get all of that!  I'm sure that takes a lot of worry off of your shoulders.  :)

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:20 PM

oooh I forgot to add 2 boxes of chicken broth and  3 bags of microwave popcorn...I'm eating one now yum!

Shellness
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 5:22 AM

I'm sooo happy for you! Glad that they have that place in your area!

kam013
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 6:41 AM

I'm so glad for you and your family, been thinking about you a lot and know how stressed/worried you were. 

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Sep. 15, 2011 at 6:48 AM

alright!!! It is so good to find answers to prayers and sometimes closer than we think! This is wonderful news!!

r_luvli
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:13 AM
Me too, that's awesome :)

Quoting louannwilkins:

Aww....I'm SO happy you were able to get all of that!  I'm sure that takes a lot of worry off of your shoulders.  :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Woohoo!  That's wonderful :)

Why123
by Nancy on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:57 AM

I am so happy for you.  That is one less problem that you have to worry about. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)