Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Opinions Please

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:22 PM
  • 18 Replies

It was a really wet spring, a really hot summer, and a snowy fall.  What do you think the winter will be like? 

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gmadiane
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:24 PM

well I am in florida so it wont be a big deal here but I imagine it will probably be a bad one up north

peacefulstar7
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:36 PM

I'm also in Florida and we've had a hot and dry summer and our dryness is creeping into fall. I hope y'all have a good winter and the natural disasters stay away:-)

ceashell707
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:43 PM
Here in MD, I think dry and very cold.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:44 PM

I am scared tp even think about it. LOL

KittyGram
by Becky on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know where you are, or what you're supposed to have in store, but here in the Midwest, or at least in the Chicago area, we're supposed to have more snow than normal, and colder than normal temperatures.  "Only" 2 to 3 degrees colder, I hear, but colder none-the-less.  I am sooo not ready.  I'm not a winter person at all.  If I could, I would just hole up for the entire winter.  I wouldn't go out once if I didn't have to. 

Mariagma3
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:55 PM

Quoting KittyGram:

I don't know where you are, or what you're supposed to have in store, but here in the Midwest, or at least in the Chicago area, we're supposed to have more snow than normal, and colder than normal temperatures.  "Only" 2 to 3 degrees colder, I hear, but colder none-the-less.  I am sooo not ready.  I'm not a winter person at all.  If I could, I would just hole up for the entire winter.  I wouldn't go out once if I didn't have to. 

Becky- Remember last winter? OMG! Please not again..................

maw-maw-2002
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:11 PM
Don't know ...hope it not like the winter of 2009-2010 live in va had many mega snows
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimbee5
by Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:22 PM

this will be my second winter here...last year i was told it was abnormal...and all summer i was told the same about it.....so i have no idea, just glad to have a break from the triple dig.

Why123
by Nancy on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Here in southern Ohio, yesterday the temperature was near 70, a cold fron is moving through now and tomorrow they say we might have snow flurries.  I am not ready for steadily falling white air pollution. 

KittyGram
by Becky on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Quoting Mariagma3:

Quoting KittyGram:

Becky- Remember last winter? OMG! Please not again..................

Overall we've been pretty lucky were the snow is concerned.  I don't like cold temperatures, though, and that one snowfall last year -- sheesh!!!  It was about 3 in the afternoon the next day that I decided to get out and start diggin' my car out - thank GOD some of my neighbors were out there, one with a snowblower and the other two with shovels, and they helped me dig out.  In turn, I helped a couple others as they came out to start digging.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)