Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A creature of habit...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:55 PM
  • 15 Replies

So I am sitting here with the laptop on my desk because my furniture is so old and saggy it hurts my back and hips to sit on it.  So far today, I ahev found myself pulling out the keyboad shelf and trying to type on my PC keyboard at least half a dozen times. I don't even realize that I am doing it untill I look at the screen and see no text in the wndow LOL.

What habbits do you have that you don't realize you are doing sometimes?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peacefulstar7
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 1:59 PM

haha, I have done that a lot!

We have so many darned remotes that I'm always grabbing the wrong one and I click--click--click and nothing until I finally realize I'm clicking the wrong remote, lol!

kam013
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh I do that all the time too.  What's worse it when I bring the laptop to my desk and am constantly trying to use my desk mouse on the laptop.  Usually takes me a few seconds to figure out what the problem is. 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:16 PM

I also do the same type of thing at work...

I have so many doors that I have to unlock to open that I often find myself getting ut my keys to unlock doors that I know are not locked. LOL

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:23 PM

Another work habbit........When I worked days, I would have to clean 23 bathrooms push a shower/tub/toilet room every day. I often found my self grabbing the toilet bowl cleaner and taking it with me to clean the dining room.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:23 PM

LOL I have down that too!

Quoting peacefulstar7:

We have so many darned remotes that I'm always grabbing the wrong one and I click--click--click and nothing until I finally realize I'm clicking the wrong remote, lol!

KittyGram
by Becky on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Quoting peacefulstar7:

Have you ever tried to answer the remote when the phone rings?  Or answer the phone when the doorbell dings?  Yep, I have!!!!

Or go to put a box of cereal away, only to discover later that I've put it in the fridge!!! 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:23 PM

LOL I have put the ceral in the fridge before!

Quoting KittyGram:

Quoting peacefulstar7:

Have you ever tried to answer the remote when the phone rings?  Or answer the phone when the doorbell dings?  Yep, I have!!!!

Or go to put a box of cereal away, only to discover later that I've put it in the fridge!!! 

ceashell707
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:28 PM
Locking the front door. Even if H is right behind me. If I open the door its automatic that I close it behind me (which he is fine with) and lock it (which pisses him off) lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:42 PM

LOL that is too funny! It also reminds me of yet another habit I have. When I leave a room I almost always shut off the lights..fine and dandy most times but several times at work when I clean offices I have cleaned, shut off the light and closed the door only to suddenly rememeber that someone is actualy in there working late LOL. They don't get mad at me for it though, they are used to it.

Quoting ceashell707:

Locking the front door. Even if H is right behind me. If I open the door its automatic that I close it behind me (which he is fine with) and lock it (which pisses him off) lol

CoeyG
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:33 PM

I had to purchase a wireless mouse for my laptop because I just can't work the "ball" thingy.  Besides the mouse is better for my hand because it's not flat and my "ball" is which strains the back of my hand.  Another thing I keep doing on my laptop is reach for the number pad...it doesn't have one.  Numbers are on top like on a typewriter...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)