Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Get some organization

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:00 PM
  • 17 Replies
Single mom has empty nest so sad but getting over it need to get rid of stuff and get some organization have things that I just don't want to get rid of ...help!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Why123
by Nancy on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:22 PM

I am not the person to give advice on organization.  I am not a hoarder because I will throw things away but I am a pack rat.  There are some things that I find it very hard to get rid of. 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Nov. 9, 2011 at 2:42 PM

You are asking for the advice of one of the most unoraganized people in the world. I would constantly forget /loose my head if it were not attched.

maw-maw-2002
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:51 PM
I'm not a hoarder or a pack rat and will throw things away but I have a hard time letting go of some things....somedays I thank I did forget my head...LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
INflowergal
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:50 PM

I bought the book " The Happiness Project". I felt like I could really relate to her. (the author). Each month is a new task. January is de-clutter!  and so on. I loved it. Often I look back on it to to stay motivated!!! I hope this helps.

granbaker
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Dear maw-maw,  If you haven't looked at it, wore it, or used it in 1 year it needs to go.  It is just stuff.  An uncluttered house is a joy to behold.  Claudette.

ceashell707
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 5:47 AM
LoL! I say 2 weeks. I put things in a box, if I don't have to go in that box for 2 weeks, it goes.

I'm a minimalist. I can't stand to have "stuff" around me. I'd rather but it again if I need it in a year, then have it collecting dust.

Quoting granbaker:

Dear maw-maw,  If you haven't looked at it, wore it, or used it in 1 year it needs to go.  It is just stuff.  An uncluttered house is a joy to behold.  Claudette.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
homeskoolmama
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:06 AM

Tackle one project at a time. Remove things from the livingroom that don't belong, put them away. Then go back and see what needs cleaning or organizing. Do this to the next room.

I suggest starting with your bedroom. You need a sanuctuary, a place to rest. Then the kitchen so you are able to eat/cook and the food sets the mood so to speak.

Just my 2 cents

bamababe1975
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:19 AM

I agree. :)

Quoting homeskoolmama:

Tackle one project at a time. Remove things from the livingroom that don't belong, put them away. Then go back and see what needs cleaning or organizing. Do this to the next room.

I suggest starting with your bedroom. You need a sanuctuary, a place to rest. Then the kitchen so you are able to eat/cook and the food sets the mood so to speak.

Just my 2 cents

kimbee5
by Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Two Weeks!!!!!

what do you toss if oyu have not used it in the last 2 weeks......lol.....i am sitting here thinking of what is in my house nad how often i have used it.....but also remembering that everything i have is bare bones as it is......

Quoting ceashell707:

LoL! I say 2 weeks. I put things in a box, if I don't have to go in that box for 2 weeks, it goes.

I'm a minimalist. I can't stand to have "stuff" around me. I'd rather but it again if I need it in a year, then have it collecting dust.

Quoting granbaker:

ceashell707
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:13 PM
I shouls have clarified. This is the method I use when I'm clean cleaning. Clearing storage, attic and basement.

Quoting kimbee5:

Two Weeks!!!!!

what do you toss if oyu have not used it in the last 2 weeks......lol.....i am sitting here thinking of what is in my house nad how often i have used it.....but also remembering that everything i have is bare bones as it is......

Quoting ceashell707:

Quoting granbaker:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)