Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Hard being a mom of adult children

Posted by   + Show Post
I have a 23 year old son, who just moved out for the 3rd, and I hope the last time.  He is doing pretty good.  And my daughter graduated this year from high school and I thought that when she started college, it would be just my husband and I.  My husband and I married almost 9 years ago. We've always had kids in the house.  I was looking forward to the "Empty Nest" but right after graduation my daughter finds out she's pregnant.  She's still going to college, she works.  But looks like she is home for a little longer.
My daughter is having some issues with her boyfriend (baby's daddy) and I am trying not to get involved.  But........tonight he drew the line.  The last couple of weeks he has acted very distant to my daughter, going out with his buddies and leaving her home.  Tonight she decided to go with friends to eat.  He apparently didn't like that too much.  Next thing I know I'm getting a call (my husband and I were out to eat) from the boy's mother.  She's on her way to my house because our kids were "fighting" and she may have to call the police.  WEll I left my husband at restaurant and I met her at my house. 
It wasn't as bad as it could have been.  But he got my daughter very upset.  Being 7 mos. pregnant, she doesnt' need this.  I let him know exactly what I thought of him.  I just want the best for my daughter and her baby.
I am about at my wits end.  She loves this boy, but I don't think he wants to "grow up" and he's scared to death. 
I'm sorry, I'm rambling.  I just had to vent.  I figured this was the place to do that. 
She still wants him to go to Thanksgiving with us tomorrow.  We have told her yes (only cause she wants him too)  Pray that it goes well.

Susan
by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 12:13 AM
Replies (11-14):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group ;)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Hi Susan,

It is so hard when they are *adults*
Maybe your DD as much as she loves her BF . .will see he is not ready to be a father.
Hopefully they will work things out & he will *grow up* a bit.
How did your TG go?
Good luck & let us know how things are going :)

Bmat
by Barb on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I wonder how Susan and her son are doing. He must be 29 by now.

.Holly.
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:18 AM
lol, wow this is an old post being bumped up.

Quoting Bmat:

I wonder how Susan and her son are doing. He must be 29 by now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sacdp29
Hope all had a great Christmas. Can't believe the year's almost over.
36 minutes ago
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Thought I would update you all since I've had comments recently.....

Well, my daughter is 24 years old, my granddaughter is 5 years old.  The baby's father has been in and out of jail more than in his child's life.  His mother is still involved with granddaughter.  My daughter has dated her recent boyfriend for alitle over 2 years.  My granddaughter calls him daddy.  He has been more of one than her bio father.   But the guy she's dating is 10 years older than her.  Not "legally" divorced from his wife.  He has 3 children that he has to pay child support on (he doesn't have a job).  My granddaughter has seen police come pick her "daddy" up at the house.  She knows about her bio daddy being in jail for "child sport" (her words).  So I worry about my granddaughter.  But she is so smart and is going to be so good in Kindergarden.  But I don't have time or space to explain the crap with daughter, right now.

Here are me and my granddaughter, at her birthday party 

Someone asked about my son.  He is 29 years old.  He is doing pretty good.  He is engaged to a wonderful woman who has a 7 year old daughter (calls my son, daddy).  They just became parents in September 2012 with my grandson.  My son is still trying to get disability (he has Crohn's Disease) cause he isn't able to work the past couple of years.  But he has become an awesome stay-at-home dad.

My son and grandson

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN