• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

in one month

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM
  • 31 Replies

It will be Valentines Day. Do you make plans with your dh/so/date?

Dinner, dancing, flowers, gifts

What do you normally do? Do you plan it or does he?

IF we do anything, it will be dinner out. A treat. No cards, no flowers, no gifts. dh took me to dinner and gave me a gift for VD 19 years ago. Once, that was it. Flowers? Never. If he changed it now I'd swear he was up to something.

When we were dating he was Mr.Romantic. Flowers, gifts, dinner, candles, rose petals, sexy lingerie , the works.

Now, he doesn't even know what romantic or caring for that matter is.....sigh and yes, I have tried. Sex does not equal romance to me.

Am I being selfish for wanting more than what I have? I would like a little romance once in a while, I'm not mushy and not wanting fairytales, I am very realistic. But reality is sucking. Yes, he is dependable, he does work hard, he brings home his paycheck, he doesn't drink, doesn't gamble, doesn't go out with the guys, is home on weekends....too many romance movies lately I guess.

What is romantic to you? Dinner, dancing, a quiet evening at home, a weekend get away?

sexy

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Don't have a DH/SO/or a date.  Valentine's day has been just another day since I was married.  IF ex rememberd we would go out to dinner.  But Shannon would make sure he got me chocolages, Godivas...because she knew I would share them with her LOL.  

homeskoolmama
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:01 AM

That's funny Colleen, the boys will buy me candy or make me a card. Of course they like sharing the candy as well :-)

Judith3247
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:03 AM

bump!

Lauren5280
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:05 AM

My husband and I always take a mini vacation for Valentines day.  This year will be the weekend prior to the actual day.  We rent a cabin in the mountains that has a hot tub.  :)  He will still do something sweet for me on the day but he varies what it is so I have no idea!

Married to my best friend and mom to 3 amazing girls, 22, 14 & 12

homeskoolmama
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:07 AM

That sounds awesome, a weekend get away. I think I need one of those.

Quoting Lauren5280:

My husband and I always take a mini vacation for Valentines day.  This year will be the weekend prior to the actual day.  We rent a cabin in the mountains that has a hot tub.  :)  He will still do something sweet for me on the day but he varies what it is so I have no idea!

caro100
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:08 AM
We go out to dinner, veeerrry occaisonally flowers are included, I can count on one hand, how many times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
homeskoolmama
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Even at 18 and 20 the boys will make me a card. Always buy me cand, and they share it as well. Aren't kids great? ahhh Godiva is good, I love the Lindt Dark Chocolate Truffle balls.

Quoting CoeyG:

Don't have a DH/SO/or a date.  Valentine's day has been just another day since I was married.  IF ex rememberd we would go out to dinner.  But Shannon would make sure he got me chocolages, Godivas...because she knew I would share them with her LOL.  

homeskoolmama
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:10 AM

For a few years after we were married, dh would buy me flowers just whenever. No special reason but just because. Those meant more to me than roses on VD. Things have been tight but still, I'd be happy if he remembered.

Dinner out is always nice. No dishes!

Quoting caro100:

We go out to dinner, veeerrry occaisonally flowers are included, I can count on one hand, how many times.

nana9106
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:16 AM
I usually get a box of chocolates and a dinner out. I personally think that valentines day is a sham, invented so that flower companies and card companies can make a few extra bucks, so I don't put too much into it. But that's me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:18 PM

We usually try to go somewhere for a week-end close to VD.  There have always been flowers in the room when we arrive and a gift of jewelry.  No chocolates as they are not a fav or mine. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)