• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Long or short?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:53 PM
  • 19 Replies

do you like to have your finger nails long or short?

I usualy keep mine short because long nails rip the gloves I use at wor but i let them grow out because A has been bugging me to so she can paint them. Yes, I know she could do it with them short but she wanted to try them long. I am hating having any length to my nails, it seems they are constantly in my way to type, cook, or anything. These puppies are getting cut today!

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Right now they are short.  For the past 7 or 8 years my nails have gotten very brittle they crack and break.  I don't fuss over them.  I put lotion on my hands and that's it.  Besides I can't stand the smell of the stuff they have for nails now...I have a hard time just going into a nail shop at all 

nana9106
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:16 PM
Kinda long I guess maybe 1/4 inch over the finger tip. They are acrylic because my natural nails have always been so thin
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caro100
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:28 PM
I had them long, right now they're short. I prefer short, because of my work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
homeskoolmama
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Long. Mine are very strong and I keep them natural. Normally around an inch or so from cuticle to tip. I cut them off about every 6 weeks and they are back to that length in 6 weeks time. I like long nails. I do not paint them as I keep my hands in a lot of water doing dishes and gardening, so it chips off. Once in a while I will paint them for a special occasion.

I used to chew my nails in 7th grade and this girl picked on me so bad and really pissed me off, so over spring break I worked really hard to stop. My nails grew like wild fire. When we went back I had these long beautiful nails. I haven't done it since.

Vain I know. haha

It is the one thing about me I like. My nails.

kimbee5
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:51 PM

i like them finger tip lenth if i have tips on......but my nails are thin and if they get any lenth to them the bend and hurt......but i so love nails.....just dont have a "reason " to spend the money on them

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:58 PM

I don't have good nails. I have let them grow, but they break so easily because I'm not very girly with how I do things. Grrrrrrr! So short they are, short they'll be.

Why123
by Nancy on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I prefer mine short.  After a certain they start to really bug me and I have to cut them off.

ceashell429
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Long. I have long bed nails so even when they r short they look long. But I keep them long because while holding hands H likes to play with my nails.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Granny1952
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Mine are nail bitten length.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I have short nails and tend to chew or pick at them all the time. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)