• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wow! no wonder i have no friends anymore.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:42 AM
  • 14 Replies

i didn't realize i haven't been on since jul 2011. if i was my friend i'd leave too. lol i've just been real busy. november 2011 my husband fell off a building at work; broke both bones in left leg, crushed both heels, shattered right foot and shattered his right wrist. he's walking now but will never be an iron worker again and he's now flat footed. then about 2 months ago my daughter found out she was pregnant. i started making ababy blanket right away. but i told her to take it easy and not do so much. her hubby is in the navy. they just moved from florida to sacramento. he has to go to some school until march and then finally permanently stationed in san diego. which is lots closer for me. but she was taking care of the moving and the two dogs and driving etc. etc. well... i'm now making a blanket for her. she lost the baby. today my sister calls and tells me her daughter lost custody of her 2 baby girls but the judge is willing to let them live with a family member and has one week to find someone. i love my sister  but she has a lot of nerve trying to make me feel guilty for not taking her granddaughters. she's raising her youngest daughters son right now and feels i should take her oldest daughters girls. well i've tried to help her daughter before and it did not do a bit of good.she won't stay away from these loser boyfriends and the drugs so she should have her kids taken from her. hopefully they'll be in a better place. am i wrong? should i take her kids? i know if i do she's going to move to az and try to camp out at my house and i just can't deal with her again. she stole tools from my husband the last time i tried to help her out. she was pregnant then too. the state has taken 2 of her girls at birth, now taking the other 2 girls; but her live in boyfriend got custody of their son? something isn't right. and i don't want to get in the middle of it again and i think if i even suggested it  my husband would divorce me.  HI EVERYONE! i'll try to be on more and not just to vent. i'm working crazy hours at my new job. frustrated

kk

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lajebo
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:03 AM

Sounds like you are going through a lot in your life.  Take care of yourself.  Don't get in over what you can handle.  I know it must be difficult to be pressured by your sister, but her grandkids aren't your responsibility.  You've tried to help before, but it doesn't sound like she is trying to take care of herself or her children. 

Light and love, hope and wisdom.  Don't stop believing.  butterfly

Kathleen69699
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:05 AM
Quoting lajebo:

Sounds like you are going through a lot in your life.  Take care of yourself.  Don't get in over what you can handle.  I know it must be difficult to be pressured by your sister, but her grandkids aren't your responsibility.  You've tried to help before, but it doesn't sound like she is trying to take care of herself or her children. 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:12 AM
1 mom liked this

wow, you sound busy! I would not be taking in those little girls either.

nana9106
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:31 AM

You have been a busy lady!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Good to see you here again,
Sounds like you have a lot going on.
You're right about not taking the kids from your sister ..
Sheesh .. you need to take care of you & your DH ..
Hopefully things get sorted out .. let us know ;)

homeskoolmama
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Yes, it sounds like life has been a little overwhelming. So sorry to hear about your dh, hope he heals completely and is able to work.

A grandbaby, congrats. When is she due?

Lots going on. Come here to decompress. And welcome back.

Why123
by Nancy on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:00 AM

You are one busy lady.  I hope things get better for you instead of worse. 

KittyGram
by Becky on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Holy moley, you've got a lot going on.  First of all, I'm so sorry for you and your daughter on the loss of the baby, and I hope your husband continues to heal, and quickly.  You're all in my thoughts. 

Next, regarding your niece's kids, speaking as a grandparent that raised grandchildren for 2 1/2 years, my advice to you is not to take her kids in.  This woman has obviously not learned a thing, since this isn't the first time.  You'd only be enabling her.  You need to look out for you and your own first, and you do NOT need her on your doorstep.  Don't let your sister make you feel guilty about it.  It is not your responsibility.  If it were really only going to be the kids, MAYBE my advice would be different (but probably not), but considering your fears of your niece camping out, definitely not. 

((Hugs)) to you in whatever you decide to do.  Hang in there.

caro100
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:09 PM

What a time you"re  poing through right now. There's no way, I'd take your sister granddaughters either under those circumstances. If I did that, it would be under the condition that she did not see the kids except if they were visiting their grandmother. You don't need the stress.  Your daughter, kinda needs to have you available to be able to go to her if needed. Sorry about your grandbaby.   Glad you're back.

DesignGirl450
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:33 PM

My goodness, you have had a lot going on in your life.  I hope your husband will be ok, sounds like a terrible accident.   Sorry about the situation with your sister's little grandchildren, but you are right, it is not your responsibility and she has no place in trying to guilt you into anything.  Your own life and family sounds hectic enough. Welcome back, and hope you can get on the group ore often.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)