Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like a Zombie

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:11 AM
  • 22 Replies

I didn't get enough sleep last night. My GS was sleeping with us and when he sleeps he is like a little inferno, and I have my own inferno thing going on too. We went to bed around 9:30 and by 11 i was on fire! So I got up and laid on the couch. Then, about 1 GS noticed I was missing and laid on the couch with me, about 2 I was on fire again. So I told GS to go get in bed with mommy. He starts crying and tells me it's too dark, so I get up and take him to his mommy and get back in my bed...i still couldn't sleep because I was still on fire. I got back up and opened the door to the freezer and stood there for about 10 min. then went back to bed by now it's 3 and my alarm rang at 4:30, for work UGGGGG. Today i am among the living dead.

I HATE hot flashes!!

My plan is coffee, coffee and more coffee

Do any of you spend sleepless nights? How do you get through the day?

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
homeskoolmama
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:01 AM

whew....long hot night. Hope you get to bed early tonight and can sleep cool and comfortable. But you gotta love that he wants to be near his nana.

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Coffee exacerbates the problem. I'm glad I'm pretty much done with that. But mine were never as long lasting as yours sound. I would have jumpted in a cold shower and then back to bed.

Why123
by Nancy on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Luckily, I never had that much of a problem.  One of the faculty here described it as having her own personal summer.  I do wake up during the night but it is not because I am hot.  When I told my doctor I was feeling tired he told me "One word. Caffeine." 

nana9106
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:37 PM

I plan to go to bed very early tonight. I'm pooped out. He is a great little guy, I love him to death.

Quoting homeskoolmama:

whew....long hot night. Hope you get to bed early tonight and can sleep cool and comfortable. But you gotta love that he wants to be near his nana.

nana9106
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Coffee is all I have, and a nap is not an option, so I'll just have to suffer the consequinces of the all day coffee-a-thon LOL

Quoting EireLass:

Coffee exacerbates the problem. I'm glad I'm pretty much done with that. But mine were never as long lasting as yours sound. I would have jumpted in a cold shower and then back to bed.

nana9106
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I have my coffee made and plan to stick with it

Quoting Why123:

Luckily, I never had that much of a problem.  One of the faculty here described it as having her own personal summer.  I do wake up during the night but it is not because I am hot.  When I told my doctor I was feeling tired he told me "One word. Caffeine." 

KittyGram
by Becky on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Lots of fresh air and a brisk walk, if you can fit it in!!! 

KittyGram
by Becky on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Oh, and drink plenty of water!! 

DesignGirl450
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM

So sorry, I have had them since I was 47, and will soon be 62, so many years, but are finally (I hate to even say it)  becoming fewer and less severe.  I had a couple of years like you described, just burning up and would take my pyjamjas off and mop myself off, change into clean pyjamas, etc.  and it was exhausting.   I wasn't working outside of home when I had the worst time with this, but I do remember wondering  how women managed to get up and go to work every day feeling  like this.   Hugs

nana9106
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:26 PM

I know i don't get enough exercise...maybe i need to re-think my activities

Quoting KittyGram:

Lots of fresh air and a brisk walk, if you can fit it in!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)