Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for Answers or Just Some Support

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM
  • 23 Replies

Anyone else have an adult child that has tried to commit suicide?  Just trying to find some support and answers....I feel really lost right now .....

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mac1940
by Mary Ann on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I have not faced this, but please know that I feel terrible that you are going through this.  You have my full support.

nana9106
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:40 PM

hugs

I don't know what to say to you except that I am sorry you are having to go through this, and that this group is full of wonderful ladies for you to lean on. We are here to support you. 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:46 PM

I am sorry you are going through something so aweful. I have never had an experience like that but i hope that someone here can help you through this.

Katyjr
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I do appreciate your response.  I just feel numb and don't know where to turn.  I guess I just need to have someone to lean on I guess.  It has really been hard to keep my strength up.  I don't want to show too much emotion, I have to be strong for my family.  But I am like  "Who is going to fix me?"  you know?  I guess I just need to talk....

Why123
by Nancy on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I have no experience with this problem.  I am sorry that you are going through this right now.  Hopefully things will get better. 

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:16 PM

In our town we have bereavement support groups that are beneficial.  Several churches have them and you don't have to be a member to go.  There you meet with others in the same situation and hsve a chance to share and heal.  Again I am so sorry you are facing this and while you need to be strong, you also need to give yourself a chance to feel.  Don't hold it in.

Katyjr
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I will give that a try........ 

CoeyG
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Nope sorry never expierenced that

jabs54
by Jeanine on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:28 PM

I'm so sorry.  Do you go to counseling?  Is your child going to counceling? 

gmadiane
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Hello and welcome to the group, I kind of have experience, one of mine had rat poison on them and the police was called and they did say they were going to take their life, they went to a hospital and got some help and has moved forward and has a good life now, I know from where your sitting it feels like the end but its not, your child can move on with some help, there are support groups out there for you and your child and we are always here if you need to talk or vent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)