Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the last time

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:43 PM
  • 39 Replies

When was the last time you bought new dishes?

Me? I haven't. I got a set of Correll when I married at 16, used those for 15 years and a friend gave me an 9 place 4 pc setting of dishes about 15 years ago. I use them every day and still have every piece. They have been great. They are clear etched glass. They have survived over 15 moves.

I would love a new set, only thing is, I like way too many different styles and can't decide on just one. So I have continued with old faithful. haha

washing dishes

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I think about 9 years ago. And they don't go with my new kitchen :o(

Why123
by Nancy on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I don't remember.  When my mom was packing up to move she gave me a set of dishes that I had given to her more than 40 years ago.  She never used them.  They are still packed up in my garage because I don't really need them.  My daughter gave me a set of the clear glass dishes over 10 years ago and I am still using those. 

KittyGram
by Becky on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:29 PM

My daughter gave me a set of everyday china for Christmas 9 years ago.  It needs desperately to be replaced!!!  

KittyGram
by Becky on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM

My knife block is probably twice that age, and REALLY needs to be replaced. 

CoeyG
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I bought new ones when we moved here from California I got a small set of plain white corelle

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I can't even remember when I got my dishes, probably when Corelle first came out.  I also have a nice set of very nice but seldom used set of china that once belonged to my grandfather.  I would like to get a new set of Corelle, the kind with the square plates but can' really justify that, so I won't.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:25 PM

5 years ago when we moved into this house. The set I had prior to that were destroyed in a flood. I do need a new set. We have correlle ware also, I know they are hard to break but my kids have managed it, those tiny shards are an *itch to clean up!

I want a set of those square dishes but they are super expensive and I am afraid the kids would jsut break them too.

emptynstr
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Goodwill and the like are a great place to get dishes. I have several sets and when my Grandmother died I got two more sets, but they are "fancy". For everyday we have a set of plasticthat we have had forever. I do have a set (for 4) of the square type that I picked up at Goodwill, they are kind of neat and were super cheap.

nana9106
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:31 PM

I don't even remember...i have a hodge podge bunch of dishes. LOL

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Well....lol...I have corelle.  It's what I had before the fire and I love them so I went to wal mart and bought more.  You just can't beat those for everyday dishes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)