Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Laminate flooring

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:13 PM
  • 14 Replies

Who has it?

Do you like it?

Do you have the type that looks like wood, or the type that looks like ceramic/stone?

What rooms do you have it in?

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KittyGram
by Becky on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:27 PM

WISH I did.  I hate carpeting.

My goal is to change this by the end of the year.  My 2 bedrooms, hallway, living room/dining room will all be laminate, with the wood look.  A medium color. 

CoeyG
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:47 PM

We put it in our house in New York, in the kitchen when we redid the kitchen.  It was a very light gray wood grain and I loved it.  So easly to clean.  

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I have it, I love it.  We have the wood look in our diningroom, in our living room and in our entry way. 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:13 PM

We rent and the whole house besides the bathroom and kitchen is carpeted. If I had a choce I would have "wood" throughout the house or wood wher we have carpeting and "stone" in the kitchen and  either in the bathroom.

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Okay....all I have in my computer are photos of the the house prior to us moving in. I want you to pay attention to all the wood in the house.

Okay, so these are the main living areas. We're going to put carpeting in all 4 bedrooms, ceramic in both baths. But with all this wood everywhere, to add any wood or wood look laminate to the floor might be overload for me. I was thinking of doing the mudroom-kitchen-dining-living all in the 'ceramic/stone look laminate'.

What are your thoughts for me to do this?

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Oh, so there isn't any wood in the bedrooms/baths. Just regular walls. It's the main living area that's WOOD!

emptynstr
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:26 PM

This house has laminate all through the kitchen/den/hallway, I hate it. They used cheap stuff and it dings and dents when ever we drop stuff. In the kitchen you can see where the floor under it was not smooth when they laid it down. We tore it out of the living room and put in bamboo. If you are going to put in laminate, my opinion, get the good stuff.

The den has a pine wall, like some of your rooms, I want to put in carpet. In our bathrooms we are going to do cork if we stay another year.

nana9106
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I think the stone look would look really good beside the wood. It might give a more 'open' feel. Wood always seem to make rooms look dark and closed in IMO.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:37 PM

I think the stone would look very nice!  I do love your house.  :)

Esmrlda
by Esme on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:40 PM

I have always liked spanish tile in a house and I think the stone look would look great. Our whole top floor.... living, formal, kitchen and dining room are all laminate.  I love it, so easy for the kids to sweep. Dh dosent like it because he can see every hair that my dog sheds.  I like the way it looks when its clean and shines.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)