Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Best Spontaneous decision....

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you have one?  I cant wait to hear your stories!!   

surprised

by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Replies (21-30):
Esmrlda
by Esme on Feb. 14, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Nice!  I bet you guys had the time of your life.

Quoting caro100:

My dh and I were dating pretty steady and one day, we got off work and it was real cold and K said I wish I was in Biloxi Miss. right now, it wouldn't be so nasty and wet and cold, I asked how long it would take us to get there K said about 8 hours, we were off the next 3 days, I said lets go. K said, we can't go and I said why not? He said I've not ever done anything like that, I said no time like the present, so we did. Best minivacation we ever had.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Feb. 14, 2012 at 5:30 PM

That sounds like fun, I like the beach when its cold and stormy.  It seems like everything these days is sooo expensive.  I remember the good ole days when I could drive to LAX and hop a southwest plane for the weekend to PHX to visit my dad and it was only about 35.00 round trip.  Uuuugh those days are gone or else I would do more trips like that. 

Quoting KerryK:

I used to work a job that was 7 days on, then 7 off. One morning mid week off I woke up and decided I was bored, so I hopped on the web and booked a room in ocean shores and told my dd to start packing. We had a great mini vacation at the beach even though it was freezing!
I wish I could afford to do something like that now but we live in southern California now and nothing is affordable, even off season.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Feb. 14, 2012 at 5:43 PM

LOL thats funny, once I read a post as something about an ______ erection, I had to go back and read it twice before it made sense and really said election. LOL

Quoting LadySaphira:

LOL, I am so tired this morning I read the post as "best spontanious discussion" and answered:

I worked untill midnight last night and went to bed at 2 am and wasback up at 6. I'll get back to you when I am actually awke LOL

Then I realized what the post really said and that I had already answered it. i am definitly going back to bed as soon as Sponge Roo crabby pants goes  to school.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Feb. 14, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Why are you up so early Kimbee?

Quoting kimbee5:

sleep well....i will be there soon also...i am up at 4 but cant make it all day so take an early morning nap about 7 or so.....

Quoting LadySaphira:

LOL, I am so tired this morning I read the post as "best spontanious discussion" and answered:

I worked untill midnight last night and went to bed at 2 am and wasback up at 6. I'll get back to you when I am actually awke LOL

Then I realized what the post really said and that I had already answered it. i am definitly going back to bed as soon as Sponge Roo crabby pants goes  to school.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Feb. 14, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Hehehehe I take it he kept his word and kept you warm?

Quoting homeskoolmama:

When I was young and stupid, there was this man who stopped by my work everyday to "talk". I thought he was so hot, I was 19 and he was in his 30's.

My car broke down and was in the shop. He came by where I worked that night and was surprised to see me since my car wasn't there. I told him it was in the shop. He said, how will you get home? I said, A taxi. He offered to give me a ride home that night and I accepted. It was below freezing and he rode a motorcycle. I said, I'll freeze. He said, I'll keep you warm.

He pulled out a great big snow suit, dressed me, helped me on the bike and took me home. 

WOW that's not all....it was a night to remember and so TOTALLY not like me.

kam013
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Quoting Esmrlda:

I hope to do this some day.  How old were the kids?  What were some of your favorite places that you stopped at?

Quoting kam013:

DH & I deciding to buy a motorhome, packing up our two children and taking a cross country trip for 2 months. 

It was the first time we had been to Myrtle Beach, so that was awesome!

New Orleans, by far the most unexpected good time.  Having never been there I had no idea what to expect.  We had planned only to stay a night or two, then ended up staying a week.

Grand Canyon, just doesn't get much better than that. 

Painted Desert, Petrified forest both incredibly beautiful.

Morrow Dunes and pretty much the entire Coastal Highway of Cali.

Niagra Falls, just breathtaking.  There are so many more, Redwood Forest, Coastal Oregon, Colorado, Devils Tower, Craters of Moon, I could go on and on . . .  but by far the best part of the trip were the campgrounds.  Some fancy and upscale, some in the middle of the woods of now-where, just loved the experience, getting to meet new people and spend time with my family.

mysty1021
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 7:38 PM

When I lived in California, we lived in Palm Springs, (in the desert), and when ever we would have days off together, we would just hop in the car and take off for Vegas, (4 hour drive), or go down to Mexico, ( about another 4 hour ride), always managed to find something to do, until the baby came along

homeskoolmama
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 8:55 AM

haha YEAH and then some!

Quoting Esmrlda:

Hehehehe I take it he kept his word and kept you warm?

Quoting homeskoolmama:

When I was young and stupid, there was this man who stopped by my work everyday to "talk". I thought he was so hot, I was 19 and he was in his 30's.

My car broke down and was in the shop. He came by where I worked that night and was surprised to see me since my car wasn't there. I told him it was in the shop. He said, how will you get home? I said, A taxi. He offered to give me a ride home that night and I accepted. It was below freezing and he rode a motorcycle. I said, I'll freeze. He said, I'll keep you warm.

He pulled out a great big snow suit, dressed me, helped me on the bike and took me home. 

WOW that's not all....it was a night to remember and so TOTALLY not like me.

kimbee5
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 11:06 AM

i get up to send the other half off to work.....by the time he is gone i am awake so i get stuff done then go back to bed.....just glad i can go back to bed when i need to.....

Quoting Esmrlda:

Why are you up so early Kimbee?

Quoting kimbee5:

sleep well....i will be there soon also...i am up at 4 but cant make it all day so take an early morning nap about 7 or so.....

Quoting LadySaphira:

Esmrlda
by Esme on Feb. 15, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Im glad it was a memorable experience.  You saw some of the most beautiful places here in the good ole US of A. I liked New Orleans too. Those beignets are scrumptious!!  We went on a haunted house tour and a boat tour through the swamp lands.  It was interesting that they said that it was originally owned by France and they brought French prisoners over to build the city then the men were complaining that there were no women so they then brought over the prostitutes of France and they started procreating. Hahah Love that story.

Quoting kam013:

Quoting Esmrlda:

I hope to do this some day.  How old were the kids?  What were some of your favorite places that you stopped at?

Quoting kam013:

DH & I deciding to buy a motorhome, packing up our two children and taking a cross country trip for 2 months. 

It was the first time we had been to Myrtle Beach, so that was awesome!

New Orleans, by far the most unexpected good time.  Having never been there I had no idea what to expect.  We had planned only to stay a night or two, then ended up staying a week.

Grand Canyon, just doesn't get much better than that. 

Painted Desert, Petrified forest both incredibly beautiful.

Morrow Dunes and pretty much the entire Coastal Highway of Cali.

Niagra Falls, just breathtaking.  There are so many more, Redwood Forest, Coastal Oregon, Colorado, Devils Tower, Craters of Moon, I could go on and on . . .  but by far the best part of the trip were the campgrounds.  Some fancy and upscale, some in the middle of the woods of now-where, just loved the experience, getting to meet new people and spend time with my family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN