Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Best Spontaneous decision....

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you have one?  I cant wait to hear your stories!!   

surprised

by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Replies (31-34):
Esmrlda
by Esme on Feb. 15, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Quoting kimbee5:

i get up to send the other half off to work.....by the time he is gone i am awake so i get stuff done then go back to bed.....just glad i can go back to bed when i need to.....

Quoting Esmrlda:

Why are you up so early Kimbee?

Quoting kimbee5:

sleep well....i will be there soon also...i am up at 4 but cant make it all day so take an early morning nap about 7 or so.....

Quoting LadySaphira:

LOL, I am so tired this morning I read the post as "best spontanious discussion" and answered:

I worked untill midnight last night and went to bed at 2 am and wasback up at 6. I'll get back to you when I am actually awke LOL

Then I realized what the post really said and that I had already answered it. i am definitly going back to bed as soon as Sponge Roo crabby pants goes  to school.

Your a good woman!

Esmrlda
by Esme on Feb. 15, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I love Palm Springs, one of my good friends lives there and we used to go visit all the time. 

Quoting mysty1021:

When I lived in California, we lived in Palm Springs, (in the desert), and when ever we would have days off together, we would just hop in the car and take off for Vegas, (4 hour drive), or go down to Mexico, ( about another 4 hour ride), always managed to find something to do, until the baby came along

kam013
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Quoting Esmrlda:

Im glad it was a memorable experience.  You saw some of the most beautiful places here in the good ole US of A. I liked New Orleans too. Those beignets are scrumptious!!  We went on a haunted house tour and a boat tour through the swamp lands.  It was interesting that they said that it was originally owned by France and they brought French prisoners over to build the city then the men were complaining that there were no women so they then brought over the prostitutes of France and they started procreating. Hahah Love that story.

Quoting kam013:

Quoting Esmrlda:

I hope to do this some day.  How old were the kids?  What were some of your favorite places that you stopped at?

Quoting kam013:

DH & I deciding to buy a motorhome, packing up our two children and taking a cross country trip for 2 months. 

It was the first time we had been to Myrtle Beach, so that was awesome!

New Orleans, by far the most unexpected good time.  Having never been there I had no idea what to expect.  We had planned only to stay a night or two, then ended up staying a week.

Grand Canyon, just doesn't get much better than that. 

Painted Desert, Petrified forest both incredibly beautiful.

Morrow Dunes and pretty much the entire Coastal Highway of Cali.

Niagra Falls, just breathtaking.  There are so many more, Redwood Forest, Coastal Oregon, Colorado, Devils Tower, Craters of Moon, I could go on and on . . .  but by far the best part of the trip were the campgrounds.  Some fancy and upscale, some in the middle of the woods of now-where, just loved the experience, getting to meet new people and spend time with my family.

We did the Swamp tour too, kids loved it.  We also did a Paddle boat dinner cruise on the Mississippi which was fun.  DH is French, Grandparents came over from France, his Mom still speaks French fluently, so spending time in the French Quarter was a dream come true for him. 

The Beignets were fantastic, DH makes them now, but did you try to Pralines??  DH has been trying to re-create them for years, can't quite get it perfect, although still good. 

Esmrlda
by Esme on Feb. 15, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Quoting kam013:

Quoting Esmrlda:

Im glad it was a memorable experience.  You saw some of the most beautiful places here in the good ole US of A. I liked New Orleans too. Those beignets are scrumptious!!  We went on a haunted house tour and a boat tour through the swamp lands.  It was interesting that they said that it was originally owned by France and they brought French prisoners over to build the city then the men were complaining that there were no women so they then brought over the prostitutes of France and they started procreating. Hahah Love that story.

Quoting kam013:

Quoting Esmrlda:

I hope to do this some day.  How old were the kids?  What were some of your favorite places that you stopped at?

Quoting kam013:

DH & I deciding to buy a motorhome, packing up our two children and taking a cross country trip for 2 months. 

It was the first time we had been to Myrtle Beach, so that was awesome!

New Orleans, by far the most unexpected good time.  Having never been there I had no idea what to expect.  We had planned only to stay a night or two, then ended up staying a week.

Grand Canyon, just doesn't get much better than that. 

Painted Desert, Petrified forest both incredibly beautiful.

Morrow Dunes and pretty much the entire Coastal Highway of Cali.

Niagra Falls, just breathtaking.  There are so many more, Redwood Forest, Coastal Oregon, Colorado, Devils Tower, Craters of Moon, I could go on and on . . .  but by far the best part of the trip were the campgrounds.  Some fancy and upscale, some in the middle of the woods of now-where, just loved the experience, getting to meet new people and spend time with my family.

We did the Swamp tour too, kids loved it.  We also did a Paddle boat dinner cruise on the Mississippi which was fun.  DH is French, Grandparents came over from France, his Mom still speaks French fluently, so spending time in the French Quarter was a dream come true for him. 

The Beignets were fantastic, DH makes them now, but did you try to Pralines??  DH has been trying to re-create them for years, can't quite get it perfect, although still good. 

I love how the houses are right on the street but when you go through the big gate you are in an open area, the atrium. then the rooms are surrounding the atrium.   I thought that was really cool. I guess thats how alot of the places are in France maybe??

I did not try the Pralines, I will have to try them next time we go there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)