Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Beatles

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:02 PM
  • 21 Replies
Did (do) you like them? Did you have a favorite? When I was growing up they were broken up. I listened to Paul McCartney and Wings. And I loved him.

Then I started listening to old Beatles music. And then I instantly fell in love with George.

Now, I have every but of music he has made. I've read every book about him. I've read his exwifes book and Eric Clapton because they were close friends.

Most people say What Would Jesus Do. H laughs at me because I always say What Would George Do. I loved his philosophies on life. He was in my opinion a great man.

Side note.,,hated John!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Oh yes I adored them, George was always my favorite, he was the only one I listened to after their breakup in fact.  I even have the albums he did with Dylan, Beck, Orbison, and Petty. "The Triveling Willburys".  I even have a Ravi Shankar ablum of Sitar music because George studied the Sitar.  I also saw the Beates at the Cow Palaic in San Francisco in 65'

ceashell429
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:22 PM
So jealous. I would have loved to have seen them. I have the WilLbury's stuff also. I'm a huge Petty fan also.

George exuded acceptance and peace. In a non annoying way. So unlike John.

Quoting CoeyG:

Oh yes I adored them, George was always my favorite, he was the only one I listened to after their breakup in fact.  I even have the albums he did with Dylan, Beck, Orbison, and Petty. "The Triveling Willburys".  I even have a Ravi Shankar ablum of Sitar music because George studied the Sitar.  I also saw the Beates at the Cow Palaic in San Francisco in 65'

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislinn
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Quoting CoeyG:

I say this is the nicest possible way... You suck. lol ;) I always said I was born in the wrong decade. lol I would have given a limb to see the TW's.. Probably a kidney to see The Beatles. lol

DesignGirl450
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Yes, George Harrison was a very talented guy.  I am definitely of the Beatles era, and was a fan as a teenager.  A lot of their music is timeless and young people still discover it and enjoy it.   I never saw them perform live, so Coey, I am jealous.  I do have some Beatles  photos I got through a local radio station from back in the day, they are in a box somewhere. 

homeskoolmama
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Never cared much for the Beatles. It was a little before my time. Don't know that I have any favorites.  I don't dislike them, just not something I  grew up with.

ceashell429
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:34 PM
My mother use to say I'm an old soul because they were way before my time, along with Zepplin, Motown. But I always thought the music of my generation was crap. LoL

Quoting homeskoolmama:

Never cared much for the Beatles. It was a little before my time. Don't know that I have any favorites.  I don't dislike them, just not something I  grew up with.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting CoeyG:

I say this is the nicest possible way... You suck. lol ;) I always said I was born in the wrong decade. lol I would have given a limb to see the TW's.. Probably a kidney to see The Beatles. lol

I'm gonna make you even more jealous...we got in for free and sat in the front row.  Best friend's dad was the ticket promoter for the concert.  

Why123
by Nancy on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:21 PM

I went to see the Beatles when they came to Cleveland.  I liked Ringo because I really liked drums.  My father also liked Ringo so I actually got to take drum lessons.

justme91755
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I remember that they came to Los Angeles in 1965 and one of my friends parents took us to see them come to town.  I don't  remember seeeing them, just the screaming crowds. WE were only 10.  My mom took me down and got me a Beatles haircut and my dad threw a fit that she cut my long hair off. lol

busygramma4
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I was on the little side when they were around but I liked them. I liked Paul and George. But I liked wings too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)