Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Do you still buy your adult child an Easter present?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 5:03 PM
  • 91 Replies

If so what do you get them?  holding easter egg

by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
texasjen
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 5:05 PM

My daughter has really only been out of the house for maybe 2 years..... but I did get her and her hubby a little Easter basket,,,, nothing too big, but something

CoeyG
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I usually get her a git card

Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 3, 2012 at 5:42 PM

I haven't gotten them anything in a long time.

busygramma4
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Nope I spend it the gks instead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
homeskoolmama
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Candy! My boys love candy and if I didn't at least buy them a bunny they'd think I didn't love them ;-)

Jaxmomof2600
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Yes my son just moved out a few weeks ago (23) and I am making him a big candy basket.  The friend he lives with has no parents so I,m sure they will share.  The 18 yr at home still gets candy.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Apr. 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I always get dd an chocolate easter bunny and a new bathing suit for the summer.  I also got all the kids some gardening gloves  and easter bunnies. Sd12 got a topsy turvy plant that she can tend to and I am getting Fs a new bathing suit also since he place he lives at is hot and they have a swimming pool.

kam013
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 7:44 PM

This is the first year that we are not getting the kids something for Easter.  DS is almost 25 and yells at me when I buy him stuff for anything but Christmas and his birthday.  DD has moved out,so we decided it was time to stop.  I did fill a basket for the Grandbaby.  

We are still having everyone over for dinner and will probably watch some movies together.  So I'm a little sad to not be buying gifts, but at least I can still feed them.  

uglyrose
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:24 PM

This is the first year my 23 & 19 y/o will not get a basket. The Grandbabies will and my 12 y/o. The olders will probably get a chocolate bunny or peeps.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:56 PM

No.  I use to buy everyone a chocolate bunny but now with grand kids and other family members being there I have stopped.  The grand kids get candy from their parents (Easter bunny) and I know they don't want me getting them yet more candy.  I usually give my dd that lives at home a little Easter basket but this year she asked me not to get her anything.  She's trying to lose weight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)