Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

it's official (photo added)

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 9:07 AM
  • 33 Replies

Well, as of late last night, it is official. My youngest son is engaged.

I have mixed feelings. As a mom, I am excited to see this next chapter in his life but at the same time, he's my baby and I'm sad because he will be leaving. Yes, they have to grow up, but I am closest to him and I will miss our long late night talks, laughing together, watching tv a movie or playing a game. His heart belongs to someone else. I will not be the 'special' girl in his life, she is. She will be there to comfort him, make plans with and share his dreams,goals and desires.

I like her and am excited about their future. But my mom heart is torn. He's my baby.

I knew it was coming and have been trying to prepare myself but it is hard. Anyone else struggle when their kids got engaged??

This is the ring. He did a good job. :-)

by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Aww congrats to them .. I understand well kind of, LOL
So exciting though :)

Join Us at
Time Out for You

cupcake2424
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 9:43 AM
2 moms liked this
You will always be his mom and no one can ever replace the special bond you have. Accept her with the same loving mom type arms and your bond with him will be even stronger. Congratulations
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emptynstr
by Leanne on Apr. 4, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Embrace your new daughter, enjoy his happiness.

Neither of mine are "engaged" but DD has lived with the boyfriend for over 3 years (they bought a house together). DS is the one that just got a job in Cali, girlfriend graduates in May and already has all her plans to move out to San Fran to be with him. When asked he says no engagement/marriage or serious relationship...huh.

homeskoolmama
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:22 PM

She is a sweet girl and he loves her very much. I am happy for them. Just struggling with the thought of my kids growing up and moving on.

Quoting emptynstr:

Embrace your new daughter, enjoy his happiness.

Neither of mine are "engaged" but DD has lived with the boyfriend for over 3 years (they bought a house together). DS is the one that just got a job in Cali, girlfriend graduates in May and already has all her plans to move out to San Fran to be with him. When asked he says no engagement/marriage or serious relationship...huh.

ShannonRoth
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Yes, but then they will give you grand babies and they are awesome!
Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:29 PM

What a pretty ring.  Just take a deep breath and go with the flow.

nana9106
by Darlene on Apr. 4, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Very good advice...

Quoting Why123:

What a pretty ring.  Just take a deep breath and go with the flow.

KittyGram
by Becky on Apr. 4, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Congrats to the young couple!!!

My daughter did things bass-ackwards - she had 2 children, then got engaged to a different man, then got pregnant about 3 months later.  In August, it'll be 5 years that they've been engaged, and in August their little one will be 4, and in September, they are FINALLY getting married!!!!  Albeit, she needed these 5 years to grow up, and he needed them more!!!!!! 

kam013
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Congratulations to all.

Beautiful ring!!

busygramma4
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 2:06 PM

yes Dawn it's hard that they grow up & leave us. But no matter how old they get, they always will be our babies no matter what. They always hold that special place in our heart. Again Congratulations.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)