Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to Moms with Adult Kids group! Introduce yourself!

Welcome to the Moms with Adult Kids group!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you have a child in the military, you may want to say hello on this thread, too:
Do you have a child in the military?

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some Moms with Adult Kids group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Moms with Adult Kids group SIGNATURES!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me or any of our Mods a private message.  We really want you to have a great time in this group.

Now click reply and introduce yourself. Make yourself at home and enjoy the group! =)

coffee

Please feel free to visit my page and send me a friend invite!

Cafe MichelleP and the Moms With Adult Kids Group Mods

by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Replies (371-380):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Hugs on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group ,

Don't give up we are here for you  :)

Quoting hawaii757:

Hi I have a 21 year old daughter living at home with Bipolar,Ptsa,Ocd,Rad and more and I just dont know how to get her to show respect for herself and others.I have bipolar also some other issues my problem is just want to give up.no friends to visit that wont laugh at my daughter.

Janie558
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Hi all

I"m a 48 yr old mom to 3 boys. 2 are grown. I have a question for all of you.  If your 20 yr old son/daughter had a baby (g/f had baby of course)  would you allow them to live with you?  we have a small 3 bedroom house.  I live with my hubby ( his idea to let them move in),  my 21 yr old son, 13 yr old son,  21 yr old's g/f, her 3 year old ( a terror who is the biggest problem)  and their 10 month old baby.  They have no place to go really.  my son has  full time job but does not make enough to move out.  she is looking for a job. I have told the hubby this is really difficult for me.  her mother lives in a small trailer and her HEAT went out. that's how they wound up here in our little 3 br house.  I work at home, which makes it difficult with the kids downstairs ( you can hear the yelling, screaming all day).  I am ready to give them a deadline where they have to be OUT.   the hubby doesn't mind a thing they do, so it will be up to me.  Any advice for the frazzled grandmother????????

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 24, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Welcome to the group! Your question would get more attention if you post it on the main forum- click on the moms with adult kids logo and then click add new post. Meanwhile, I haven't been in your situation, so I can't say that I'd do this or that, since I just don't know. I think I'd tell him that he was adult enough to decide to have a child (by not using birth control) then he was old enough to support and provide for his new family.

Quoting Janie558:

Hi all

I"m a 48 yr old mom to 3 boys. 2 are grown. I have a question for all of you.  If your 20 yr old son/daughter had a baby (g/f had baby of course)  would you allow them to live with you?  we have a small 3 bedroom house.  I live with my hubby ( his idea to let them move in),  my 21 yr old son, 13 yr old son,  21 yr old's g/f, her 3 year old ( a terror who is the biggest problem)  and their 10 month old baby.  They have no place to go really.  my son has  full time job but does not make enough to move out.  she is looking for a job. I have told the hubby this is really difficult for me.  her mother lives in a small trailer and her HEAT went out. that's how they wound up here in our little 3 br house.  I work at home, which makes it difficult with the kids downstairs ( you can hear the yelling, screaming all day).  I am ready to give them a deadline where they have to be OUT.   the hubby doesn't mind a thing they do, so it will be up to me.  Any advice for the frazzled grandmother????????

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 24, 2012 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome! Friends laugh at your daughter? That's outrageus!  Meds will help a lot with the bipolar, at least this is what I've observed.

Quoting hawaii757:

Hi I have a 21 year old daughter living at home with Bipolar,Ptsa,Ocd,Rad and more and I just dont know how to get her to show respect for herself and others.I have bipolar also some other issues my problem is just want to give up.no friends to visit that wont laugh at my daughter.

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Hugs on Aug. 25, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Welcome to the group Janie,
I do agree with the other poster about posting this question in the main forum,
It's a tough call that's for sure.
If that is to happen then I would suggest you all sit down & diiscuss *rules* of the  house to be followed or else.
Good luck & let us know what happens ;)

Quoting Janie558:

Hi all

kuntrylady56
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Hi,my names Evelyn I'm 55yo with one 26yoDD and two grandchildren,my grandaughter is 7 going on 17,lol and my grandson is 4 and all bad little boy. I live in MO with my DH and granddaughter(have raised her since she was newborn)and our 3 dogs and 6 cats.  right now I'm unemployed but hopefully starting college in a couple weeks for the first time in my life!

DD and I have kind of a love/hate relationship she drives me crazy most of the time.And we disagree on most everything but we both love each other.Right now we're in the shes driving me crazy stage.

My hobbies are arts and crafts,photography,cooking,reading and going to rock and roll concerts with my DH.

Am looking forward to making some new friends. I'm a country lady born and raised in VA and southern MD.My family comes first rather that be from blood,marriage or just close friends. I believe in being able to state my opinions as well as anyone else, rather I believe in yours are you believe in mine. Our differences are what make this country great to live in. American made100%! A little Irish,Dutch,English,French and Iriquois Indian! LOL

lzbnmom
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 11:22 PM
I have a 24 year old Son in the military (former foster child) who is married with a child of his own, and I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter that I gave birth to.
hugss

by Hugs on Aug. 26, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Welcome to the group Evelyn,
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting kuntrylady56:

Hi,my names Evelyn I'm 55yo with one 26yoDD and two grandchildren,my grandaughter is 7 going on 17,lol and my grandson is 4 and all bad little boy. I live in MO with my DH and granddaughter(have raised her since she was newborn)and our 3 dogs and 6 cats.  right now I'm unemployed but hopefully starting college in a couple weeks for the first time in my life!

DD and I have kind of a love/hate relationship she drives me crazy most of the time.And we disagree on most everything but we both love each other.Right now we're in the shes driving me crazy stage.

My hobbies are arts and crafts,photography,cooking,reading and going to rock and roll concerts with my DH.

Am looking forward to making some new friends. I'm a country lady born and raised in VA and southern MD.My family comes first rather that be from blood,marriage or just close friends. I believe in being able to state my opinions as well as anyone else, rather I believe in yours are you believe in mine. Our differences are what make this country great to live in. American made100%! A little Irish,Dutch,English,French and Iriquois Indian! LOL

hugss

by Hugs on Aug. 26, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Welcome to the group :)

Quoting lzbnmom:

I have a 24 year old Son in the military (former foster child) who is married with a child of his own, and I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter that I gave birth to.

hawaii757
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Yes meds are good we just got to get her on the right one.Thank-You

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)