Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Welcome to Moms with Adult Kids group! Introduce yourself!

Welcome to the Moms with Adult Kids group!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you have a child in the military, you may want to say hello on this thread, too:
Do you have a child in the military?

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some Moms with Adult Kids group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Moms with Adult Kids group SIGNATURES!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me or any of our Mods a private message.  We really want you to have a great time in this group.

Now click reply and introduce yourself. Make yourself at home and enjoy the group! =)

coffee

Please feel free to visit my page and send me a friend invite!

Cafe MichelleP and the Moms With Adult Kids Group Mods

by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Replies (31-40):
Gmama17
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Hi,

My name is Terri.  I have grown up kids ages 33 through 23 and still one that is 17.  And grands.  I meet lots of Mommy criteria!  LOL!  Looking forward to conversing with everyone.

Lend me 15 minutes of your time it could truly change your life at least give you peace of mind.

terrihrobinson.legalshield.com

Gmama17
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Sorry I included my signature in my first post it's a habit.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:10 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group :)

Quoting momof3kidsdskh:

hello all moms w/adult kids.i live in nassua county,ny.i miss my kids alot theyre all over i have 3.i dont have my own place so they cant visit and they dont have there own places either.i wish they'd come home for good my home is in westchester co. ny im sad always i dont care about my health anymore and i need to talk to moms who can understand me. i have bad health an that's another reason why i need my kids around me,i dont care about my life anymore. i'm looking to do mailings from home or any assembly home jobs i can't work an need xtra money,so if anyone can help me plz email me,thank you. if i had more funds i could probably send for my son and daughter or daughter.i'm in a relationship that's very stressful as well an i can't move i have no resources or family to move in with,i really want to be with my kids before i die.so place moms keep me in mind for any work at home jobs.i cook good also so if you no of any senior who needs a cook and could provide transportation for me please let me no that also. im shy but a good person an i thought a good mom but nowadays a feel i failed.well if any mom lives nearby an wants to stay intouch and email me feel free. thankyou and godbless you all. momof3kidsdskh

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Welcome to the group Debbie :)

Quoting ruhappytoseeme:

Hi my name is Debbie, Im a mom of three grown kids and step(kinda) mom to two others, my oldest is a girl and shes gonna turn 25 in may, then two girls 23 in june (one is my hubbys cousin, we raised her from 14 to 19) and then one who was a ex boyfriends child that I took care of, kinda like a custody agreement, between the 2 of us after we split lol, and my younges is my 18 year old son, my son is the only one that lives with us (and my mil and fil, who are great!) me, hubby, oldest daughter and son moved from pa to tx a year ago, daughter moved into her own place 7 months later. we love it here and are finally happy, I only had empty nest syndrom once, when the oldest moved out lol but in reality my son hasnt moved out ever. He helps by filling and emptying the dishwasher, folding the clothes when they are dry and keeping his room spotless (I dont ask for it to be spotless he just does it lol) he also goes with me grocery shopping to push the other cart and also to put heavy stuff in the carts for me (Ive had 5 back surgeries so grocery shopping is a pain lol) Nice to meet you all :)

hugss

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Welcome to the group Terri :)

Quoting Gmama17:

Hi,

My name is Terri.  I have grown up kids ages 33 through 23 and still one that is 17.  And grands.  I meet lots of Mommy criteria!  LOL!  Looking forward to conversing with everyone.

twilight59
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi found this site by reading an article on adult children and enabling.  I am one of the worse enablers ever and need some help!  Is there anyone going thru this or know of where I can go to get some help or suggestions? 

hugss

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Welcome to the group,
You have found the best place to get support & hear from others.
Hope we'll see you here again :)

Quoting twilight59:

Hi found this site by reading an article on adult children and enabling.  I am one of the worse enablers ever and need some help!  Is there anyone going thru this or know of where I can go to get some help or suggestions? 

Ready4Change66
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Hi all.  I joined this site because I wanted to have the support of other Mothers who could relate to what I've been experiencing.  I just asked my 20 year old son to leave the nest. He left without protest because he failed to uphold the contract we agreed upon 2 months ago.  He is very angry with me and I wonder will we ever have an adult relationship?  I knew if I did not stand my ground I would be enabling him and not holding him accountable for his actions.  He is moving into an apartment soon and I pray that he can hold it together because I'm no longer willing to bail him out...he will be 21 this year.

Ready4Change66
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand how you feel because I believe I have done my share of that.  I finally realized that I was not helping my son and he was becoming someone that I did not like...I did not want him to feel that our relationship centered around me supporting him financially.  You can learn to be different...its tough at first but you can do it.

makensey12
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:21 PM

hi, im new to this site/group moms with adult children.. im basically looking for help with not enabling my 2 adult children 34 and 21.. one lives with me..one is in afghanistan and will live with me in september when his deployment ends

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)