Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Welcome to Moms with Adult Kids group! Introduce yourself!

Welcome to the Moms with Adult Kids group!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you have a child in the military, you may want to say hello on this thread, too:
Do you have a child in the military?

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some Moms with Adult Kids group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Moms with Adult Kids group SIGNATURES!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me or any of our Mods a private message.  We really want you to have a great time in this group.

Now click reply and introduce yourself. Make yourself at home and enjoy the group! =)

coffee

Please feel free to visit my page and send me a friend invite!

Cafe MichelleP and the Moms With Adult Kids Group Mods

by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Replies (361-370):
homeskoolmama
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:02 PM

That's ok. Welcome!! I sometimes miss this post and go for weeks without welcoming and feel bad, then I play catch up :-)

Quoting Nanamom127:

I'm sorry, I see that I'm replying to this post four months after I received it! I didn't know it was there. I have two 30 something daughters. Girls = drama!!

homeskoolmama
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Hi Sherrie and welcome. Sounds like you have your hands full. Hugs to you sweetie

Quoting snessline:

my name is sherrie and my 27 year old son is living with me he mentally unstabel and a drug user which messes up his meds. i live in az he is also gay

homeskoolmama
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi and welcome back to CM.

Sorry about the stroke, this means "me" time is a must now! Take it slow and make one change at a time so you'll stick with it.

Glad you like your job, that makes all the differnce in the world.

Quoting beamgrandma:

Hi everyone, I am a mom of 3 young women 27, 25 and 20.  I have a granddaughter who is 3 and the love of my life.  I am remarried for 5 years now and working full time gives me little time for myself.  My oldest daughter lives with me she is a great person getting her masters and working fulltime she is looking for ward to getting her own place soon.  My middle daughter lives with her boyfriend and is the mother of my grandbaby.  My youngest lives with her dad just around the corner from me she works 3 jobs and goes to college.  I work at a private golf club and love my job. 

I recently had a mini stroke and am trying to set aside me time.  I think this is the hardest thing trying to find that hour.  I recently joined jazzercise I love it and am hoping to get my body in shape (hoping I said).  I love connecting with people especially those who are going through some of the same struggles. 

I was a cafemom a while back and made many friends but went off it for a while and now I am back.  Looking forward to connecting with some new friends and reconnecting with some old friends.

homeskoolmama
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:06 PM

How did it go?

My youngest leaves in Dec for the Air Force, I think I am used to the idea but I am sure when the day arrives I'll be a basket case!

Quoting amommalove:

Hi Moms,

leaving tommorow to take my daughter to college for 1st time. i am so ready to drop her off! 2 more years and my youngest will be on her way to college. so so tired!

any suggestions on how to relax and let go?

homeskoolmama
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Hi and welcome. You will find many here with blended families and many with adult kids living at home causing issues. Me included

Quoting cdc2005:

Hello,

A little about myself (the abbreviated version)... I was divorced 14 years ago and remarried in 2005. I work full-time as an Accountant and enjoy reading, keeping up with current events, exercising and eating healthy. While I'm the youngest of six, I only have one child (son, 20 years old and living at home) and a step-son who is 30. I'm hoping to find mother's with blended families and difficult adult children who still live under the same roof.

Many thanks for the warm welcome!

homeskoolmama
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Hi Lori, welcome!

Quoting WidowWarrior:

Hi! My name is Lori and I have two grown sons. My oldest lives with me and my youngest lives with his dad in another state. I love both of my sons equally and they are the joy in my heart. I love keeping in touch with my youngest either on the phone or over the internet. My oldest I see each day and I am very proud of him.

hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You. Join our Friendly/Supportive :)
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Great on the jazzercise class,
Hope we'll see you join in our conversations soon :)

Quoting beamgrandma:

Just took my second jazz class and am loving it thanks for the welcome.  Things are a little different since the last time I was on here.

momtom1
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Hi Moms,

I have three adult sons, 28 and a Chicago Firefighter, 27 and works for the local gas station, and 23 and works in television production.  The only one left at home is my 23 year old, although he and his girlfriend of 7 years just got engaged and are planning a June 2014 wedding.  I'm happy about the prospect of being an empty nester, but I'm also nervous about it.  Glad to find out about cafe moms!

hawaii757
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Hi I have a 21 year old daughter living at home with Bipolar,Ptsa,Ocd,Rad and more and I just dont know how to get her to show respect for herself and others.I have bipolar also some other issues my problem is just want to give up.no friends to visit that wont laugh at my daughter.

hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You. Join our Friendly/Supportive :)
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Welcome to the group,
Don't worry you'll get use to that EN in no time :)

Quoting momtom1:

Hi Moms,

I have three adult sons, 28 and a Chicago Firefighter, 27 and works for the local gas station, and 23 and works in television production.  The only one left at home is my 23 year old, although he and his girlfriend of 7 years just got engaged and are planning a June 2014 wedding.  I'm happy about the prospect of being an empty nester, but I'm also nervous about it.  Glad to find out about cafe moms!

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN