Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Roller Derby

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 2:16 AM
  • 9 Replies

Have you ever watched Roller Derby? That has to be something to see live and its kinda making a comeback. You have to listen to this song. All my kids know it. They know all of Jim Croce's songs. I can hear them now, a bunch of 4, 5, and 6 yr. olds yelling "heavy handed hack en sac Mama"!! LOL  

by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 2:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
caro100
by Carol on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:28 AM

I remember roller derby, I never have really got into it though.  Heck its even more violent than wrestling or boxing, or mixed martial arts sometimes.

Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 7, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I also remember Roller Derby but I only watched it on tv and never live.  It was rather violent.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 7, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I can remember it being on tv years ago and those girls would knock the crap out of each other!  lol  I would have been scared to get out there!  lol

gmadiane
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I have never watched roller derby but my kids grew up listening to Jim Croce

CoeyG
by on Apr. 7, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Yes I used to watch roller derby.  It was kind of an "outlet" for me when I watched LOL.  I also loved Jim Croce, his widow has a restaurant http://www.croces.com/

momma-t42
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2012 at 9:16 PM
I have been to a few roller derby games... One of my friends I work with skated in roller derby. (And for years too) it was fun to watch and cheer her on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sonogal
by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 10:27 PM
My son's good friend is on a female squad (or whatever its called). She lives it - lots of fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 12:21 AM

How fun :)

homeskoolmama
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 7:59 AM

My sound isn't working, so I can't hear it.

I know two people who do roller derby, yes it is making a big comeback it seems. Rough sport! Not my cup of tea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)