Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Its green and not even St. Pat's Day.

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:28 PM
  • 12 Replies

My son's girlfriend  of three years just colored her hair green, 6 weeks before her graduation from community college.  As her mother lives in Texas, I felt it my duty to laugh and say PLEEZE change it before graduation.  You don't want evidence of the stupid stuff you do when your youth.  I said, laughing you look like a leprechaun, she said, no Mama , I look like a peacock, and showed me the purple hair on the underneath of her hair.  Oh well, this to, shall pass.

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CoeyG
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Why wouldn't she want to have green hair at graduation...this is the time to spread her wings of youth and have a good time with graduating.  Hell my hair has been crayon red, purple, violet, lavendar, blue and yes even green.  And yes I've had these colors in the public eye.  And no I'm not embarassed now when I look at the photos...it wasn't until two years ago that I learned what my natural color looked like...I hadn't seen it for 40 years. 

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Even though I may not have liked some of the choices, one thing I didn't do was squabble over hair - length or color or whatever they decided to do with it.

Is she going to tease it, fan it all out and spray it or glue it for the full "peacock effect?"

Something like...

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:51 PM

From a mom of kids who had many different colors of hair, early on we decided that we needed to pick our battles, and hair was not one of them. I remember one Memorial day parade when Darrin was still in high school and was marching in the band. They were allowed to remove their hats for the program and speakers and  a lady behind gasped and said "Look at that boy's blue hair", needless to say we slowly moved away from her before hubby and I both started to laugh. Yep, that's the same boy that today is a staff sargent in the Air Force. Jami colored her hair often too, pink and purple were her favorites.

CoeyG
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Besides she's not even your child.  It is her hair amd being that she is a college age adult you really have nothing to say about it.  

busygramma4
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Yes as Colleen says, she's not your child!  And why fight over something so trivial as hair? Life's too short to squabble over something you really have no control over anyways.

backroadsmom
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:01 PM

I would have probably felt and said the very same way. You are right though, this to shall pass. The good news is, she's graduating college! Yaaaay! Maybe you can photoshop the PICs before you share them... lol. 

CoeyG
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Quoting backroadsmom:

I would have probably felt and said the very same way. You are right though, this to shall pass. The good news is, she's graduating college! Yaaaay! Maybe you can photoshop the PICs before you share them... lol. 

It's not her kid, If she doesn't like the girl's hair then she doesn't have to take any photos of her.  She doesn't have the right to tell this girl what color to put on her hair.  

Shellness
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:18 PM

That is funny :) Kids, you gotta love 'em!

caro100
by Carol on Apr. 15, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting backroadsmom:

It's not her kid, If she doesn't like the girl's hair then she doesn't have to take any photos of her.  She doesn't have the right to tell this girl what color to put on her hair.  

Well Rebbi says that you're really overreacting  to my post, she and i are having a good time razzing each other about it.  She does love your lion though.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group ;)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:02 AM

LOL .. let's hope she has a good laugh when she looks back at it :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN