Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Dieting mommas...let's go! If you aren't on a diet please don't make negative comments.

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:41 PM
  • 53 Replies

So glad so many of you are trying to lose.  I don't feel so alone!  Post whatever you want, your goals, your weight lose (or gain), your struggles, successes, whatever.

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jabs54
by Jeanine on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I thought it was going to rain today so I was pleasantly surprised when it was a beautiful day. I went with my dh and took our dog to the dogpark. I'm not sure how far the walk is but I will guess it's a 1 mile trail. I discovered I can walk at a good pace if I use walking sticks (they look like ski poles). Then I cleaned and ran errands for a couple hours. Then I bought a bike!!! When my dd came home from work we went for a bike ride. It's been 20+ yrs and 100 lbs since I've rode bike. I had a little trouble getting up and going and was very wobbly. I finally had to go next to the curb to get on, lol. We rode down our bike trail, maybe a mile? I could hardly make it home!

I think I'll take it easy tomorrow!

CoeyG
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:31 PM

This is still a public forum and not only can anyone comment on any topic but you can't dictate how they comment either.  You can have my responses deleted and you can change your title over and over but you still don't get to dictate who comments or how they comment.  If you want to do that you will have to start your own personal group and only allow those willing to comply with your personal rules to join.  

darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Sounds like you had a good day! Keep it up! My goal is going to be to start walking more. Hoping that when Jami gets home for summer break, she will join me.

nana9106
by Darlene on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:33 PM
Vent** my DD is such a bad influence! I am all doing good minding my own business and she strolls in with a freaking bag of M&M's!!! Uggggg!! Really! she knows I have an addiction to them. She is losing weight too BUT she has had gastric by pass so the pounds are just flying off of her. So in my brain I think well hell if she can eat M&M'S and lose weight I can too. Guess what? I CAN'T. She's a punk.
That is all *** sorry*** I just had to get it out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nana9106
by Darlene on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Uh wow! **eyeroll**

Quoting CoeyG:

This is still a public forum and not only can anyone comment on any topic but you can't dictate how they comment either.  You can have my responses deleted and you can change your title over and over but you still don't get to dictate who comments or how they comment.  If you want to do that you will have to start your own personal group and only allow those willing to comply with your personal rules to join.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CoeyG
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Quoting nana9106:

Uh wow! **eyeroll**

Quoting CoeyG:

Would you like me to roll your eyes back to you...it must be diffiicult reading the screen without them. 

rosebud727
by Rose on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Okay, moving on with the actual topic...I grabbed my neighbor and took a walk around the lake today. It has finally stopped raining! It's about 4 1/2 miles with a few big hills. You really feel like you accomplished something when you finish.

And hey, good for you getting a bicycle. That is a great outdoor hobby that you can do at so many cool places.

Next we'll be hearing about you finishing cycling marathons. 

Canoechee70
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Me and the hubs went for a late night walk..we walked 3 1/2 laps around the track at the re ..we jogged the other half..i feel good:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lisamarie1265
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 3:31 AM
2 moms liked this
Now why would anyone make negative comments about dieting and wanting to get healthy?? Let's face it we are women, we are up, we are down, for years I maintained a decent weight, until a few years ago I injured my knee, I was involved with steroids and got sedentary and I gained...oh boy did I gain but through the grace of god and hard work and perseverence I lost 150lbs... Yes I gained that much but I was able to lose what I gained and then some I am close to high school weight, and can share clothes with my 5'2" 110 daughter I am proud of myself and happy to be me again,. But best of all I am healthy!!!!. I still stick to my fruits, veggies, no red meat, small portion diet and my 4-5 mile a day walk and I swim 3 x's a week or as time permits. I say to all working hard to lose wieght IT CAN BE DONE, AND YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! Keep faith and be strong... It's a struggle to not grab a soda or a cheeseburger.. But it's a sacrifice I choose to make... Just got an adorable maxi dress for Florida vaca cannot wait to rock it!!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL ... YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!
jabs54
by Jeanine on Apr. 15, 2012 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting nana9106:

Uh wow! **eyeroll**

Quoting CoeyG:

I know! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN