Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

uggh, just so aggrivated at ODD..(little long sorry)

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 7:27 PM
  • 30 Replies

I think a lot of you ladies remember me posting about my pond scum daughters husband, how he has cheated on her, she threw him out twice, I took the babies, on a moments notice (and live 2 &1/2 hrs away) so they didn't see their P.O.S. father moving out..(keep in mind during one of these times, this p.o.s. tried to get her sister in bed with him!). both times she took him back. Then just a few weeks ago, I get another frantic call, it's ODD asking me not to say I told u so(I never would do that) again I took the babies on a moments notice again, she brought them to me, all upset,she has actual proof this time,She is done, this is it!(she even had to go to the Dr. he gave her,, well u can guess) I was sick, and my R.A. and Lupus was flaring and I've been back and forth at the dr, I really didnt need these babies, but she needed help,I've been in her shoes, with no help.

My parents share a house with my ODD, (they actually got the house first, and my ODD and pond scum moved in 2 yrs ago, but the land lord decided to sell the house, and my ODD & her pond scum did a contract with him to buy the house. My folks go back north during the summers. Well, yet again, ODD is taking pond scum back, he works days, she works 3-11, gives pond scum plenty of time to have chicks over(which was part of the proof my ODD found) while the babies are sleepin in that same house) I told my ODD, if she decided to do this,due to the fact that she & her grand parents share bills, they need to be told what is going on. I left it at that. I knew the moment my parents went north(3 days ago) pond scum would move back in. I told my mom my feeling. My mom said she sorta all ready figured that out anyway.

So, my ODD, sends a TEXT to my mother(they are in the same house) I know mama told u "Joe"(not real name) is moving back in, if you can't get along with him, I suggest YOU find another place to go to when you come back this fall! My mom told my ODD, she lost all respect for pond scum when he tried what he did with my ODD's younger sister, she can co-habitate and not talk to him. Now remember my parents split all expenses with them! and my ODD, can't FACE my mother, her grandmother to talk this out! I didn't raise her like this. I'm so disappointed she has such lack of respect for her grandmother, someone who took HER and her Pond scum and a baby, while she needed to finish college!

My folks have a motor home, and my dad has a friend who will let them put it on his land for free, but my mom wanted a house, she didn't want to live out her yrs in a motor home all the time.(she will be 72 this yr and my dad 75) When I found out she Text my mom, I was so upset,

I sent my ODD an email,. it pretty much said," I know u don't want to hear this but, just because your husb. isn't "living' w/you, doesn't mean he isn't living like a single man, and he is telling YOU what YOU want to hear. Plus he tried to have sex with your younger sister! If you can forgive all of what you know he has done, your a way better person than I am, and I will support ur decision, he is ur husband, ur kids father, and my grandchildren's father. you know the love a parent has for their children, and urs aren't even dating yet! That love doesn't go away because they get married, what happened to that girl that stood between me and XX when he was going to punch me and YOU had ur fists up ready to hit him? What happened to the girl that always asked me why do you keep putting up with Dads crap? where is that spunk? I'm sorry, I haven't met up to your standards as a mother, and I'm tired of being blamed for everyone's problems, as you know being a parent there is no instruction booklet. I just did the best I could. I'm here for you when ever u want to call, text or email.

she never replied,I didn't expect her too, This is a vent, I know she is an adult, and had to reach all these decisions on her own. I'm just so hurt she treated her grandparents like crap, I taught her better, respect all elders! I don't recognize this person.

planning a wedding

by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jabs54
by Jeanine on Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

It's such a shame she is acting so stupid and disrespectful to your mom.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:30 PM

The only advice I can give is to pray (if you do) that she eventualy comes to her senses for good.

enafaye
by Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 8:48 PM

If you are sure she received the text....it is a shame she is taking this stand.  Sounds like she is doing whatever it takes to keep this babydaddy.   She deserves better, and she is taking chances with her very life, if he is cheating.  STD's can change it forever.   Your parents are taking a hit here, after supporting her all this time.  They have little time left to enjoy life to its fullest.

busygramma4
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

What a shame she is so disrespectful to her grandparents. And too bad she doesn't realize how she deserves better. I think self esteem is the root of her problem.

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Quoting enafaye:

If you are sure she received the text....it is a shame she is taking this stand.  Sounds like she is doing whatever it takes to keep this babydaddy.   She deserves better, and she is taking chances with her very life, if he is cheating.  STD's can change it forever.   Your parents are taking a hit here, after supporting her all this time.  They have little time left to enjoy life to its fullest.

I know my ODD sent the text to my mom,(my mom told me) I'm not sure my ODD read the email I sent her. I agree, seems my DD seems to forget who was there to help her when she needed it, my mom even took care of my grand kids, (she "accidently" got pregnant again during nursing school) and my mom took care of that little one so my DD could finish college on time! Oh and yes being a nurse you would think she of all ppl know how deathly STD's can be!

My folks rented the house originally b/c they didn't want to stay in the "motorhome" the rest of their days, they wanted a house, they sold the "family" place up north(it was build in the 1800's 6 bedrooms, 10 ft ceilings oh great place, but way to big and expensive for just 2 ppl.

As for this baby daddy, she is wife #3, 5 kids (so far) I expect a knock at the door in a few months!) and he was engaged to a "woman" before my DD! HELLO RED FLAGS!

AND she got pissed at me for calling him a sorry son of a gun(not exactly the words I used) when he tried what he did  with her younger sister! go figure, I wanted him to know I knew!

planning a wedding

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Quoting busygramma4:

What a shame she is so disrespectful to her grandparents. And too bad she doesn't realize how she deserves better. I think self esteem is the root of her problem.

yeah, but she didn't used to be like that, (either one)

planning a wedding

busygramma4
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:28 PM

no but the way he treats her probably contributes to it now

Quoting gr8d8n3mom:

Quoting busygramma4:

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:46 PM

oh yea I'm sure it does. I want to shake the stupid out of her! LOL and find the kkk for him!

Quoting busygramma4:

Quoting gr8d8n3mom:

Quoting busygramma4:

planning a wedding

busygramma4
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 9:53 PM

If you find them will you send them my way for my no good sil? Lol!

Quoting gr8d8n3mom:

oh yea I'm sure it does. I want to shake the stupid out of her! LOL and find the kkk for him!

Quoting busygramma4:

Quoting gr8d8n3mom:

Quoting busygramma4:

CoeyG
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Okay, I'm getting the impression that your parent's had the house before your daughtger and her husband moved in on them.  Regardless of them sharing all the bills If they had the house in the beginning they have the right to return and they need to tell your daughter that her and her husband and kids need to get their asses out.

Your daughter has made her choices no sense in continually being disappinted.  As I said on another post we can raise our children to be respectful, respectable, responsible members of society but once they are adults they are free to live their lives however they choose.  Your daughter has chosen, accept it whether you approve or not.  It is her life not your's and regardless of whether the children are involved, all you can do is love them and hope for the best unless you want to fight her in court for custody of them.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)