Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What is the BEST way to feel beautiful?

Posted by   + Show Post

Is there something that you do to feel beautiful?  Whats your secret?

mirror

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Replies (11-20):
rosebud727
by Rose on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Well said!

Quoting LeJane:

I think beauty is timeless.   Some of the most classic beauties are forever beautiful.   To me it is a secure presence,   posture and attitude as well as taking care of ones self which makes women beautiful.        I also feel that in order to feel it, you need to think it.    It is a reflection of the inside which makes all of the difference.        

suesues
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:17 AM

hair cut

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Get pregnant!

Sure, go ahead and laugh, but pregnant women have a glow about them. Don't they?

Putting that aside, I think beauty really comes from inside. I have seen a lot of "beautiful" women who were just plain ugly people.

Beauty is about attitude, how you treat people, how you take care of yourself.

I know some women who dress well for their frames and personalities that makes them beautiful. They don't have perfect bodies either, but know how to dress and accent their good parts!

I think you just have days when you feel less beautiful and more beautiful. No real secrets from me!

Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:30 AM

I have never been accused of being beautiful or even pretty.  I just be me and ignore the rest of the world.

homeskoolmama
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

When I wear something that fits, is comfortable and I feel good in, that's when I feel the best.

We need to be comfortable in our own skin, be thankful for what we have and accent the positive. We are all beautiful because God does not make junk :-)

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Quoting EireLass:

Take a pic of myself and then photoshop the hell out of it.

Love this.  And I bet you don't need photoshop.  We are so hard on ourselves. 

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:47 PM

I believe that every woman has a right to look the way she chooses.  My choice is never let myself "go".  I eat healthy, walk and move as much as I can, to try to maintain my weight (more difficult every year I age), colour my hair, style my hair, use good skin care and cosmetics.  Is it work and time consuming?  Yes.  Am I worth every moment of that time and work? Absolutely.  If I run out to do some errands, or go for a walk and don't have my "face" on or hair done, and run into someone I know, I feel more shy and withdrawn, than when I know I am looking really good.  I feel happier, more upbeat, and am a better person in some ways when I feel lI am looking good.   In summary, I feel beautiful when I know I look good.  

EireLass
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Quoting DesignGirl450:
Quoting EireLass:

Take a pic of myself and then photoshop the hell out of it.

Love this.  And I bet you don't need photoshop.  We are so hard on ourselves. 

Sue1605
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:57 PM

You look VERY good!

Quoting DesignGirl450:

I believe that every woman has a right to look the way she chooses.  My choice is never let myself "go".  I eat healthy, walk and move as much as I can, to try to maintain my weight (more difficult every year I age), colour my hair, style my hair, use good skin care and cosmetics.  Is it work and time consuming?  Yes.  Am I worth every moment of that time and work? Absolutely.  If I run out to do some errands, or go for a walk and don't have my "face" on or hair done, and run into someone I know, I feel more shy and withdrawn, than when I know I am looking really good.  I feel happier, more upbeat, and am a better person in some ways when I feel lI am looking good.   In summary, I feel beautiful when I know I look good.  

Esmrlda
by Esme on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:01 PM

For me it is when I have a good cut and have a killer tan and feel confidant.  Oh and a good hair day helps too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)