Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

My adult children are forever calling me asking me how to do simple cooking techniques or for a recipe for something I make that they love.

So, I was thinking of making them a recipe book for Christmas with techniques like poaching eggs, cooking rice, things like that. Then add in a bunch of favorite recipes so they will have them forever and can pass them on.

What do you think? Any suggestions? Any certain things your children have called and asked you how to do or make that might be useful for me?

And most of all, do you think this is a good idea? Something they would like?

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Replies (31-33):
caro100
by Carol on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I think that is a splendid idea.  My oldest son's daughter is always wanting to cook with me so she can learn to make some of GW's faves.  Young people nowadays even have trouble opening a can and making it taste like something.

Moms_Angels1960
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:08 AM

I think that is a SUPER idea in fact the lady I work with just finished hers for her children for Christmas.

GypsyRayne
by Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I think it's a great idea. My dd has actually asked me to do this for her. Maybe I should get started and make it for Christmas, lol.

One thing she has asked for is potato soup. Now when I make it I use a very simple recipe. Nothing but potatos, onion, salt. pepper, dill weed and a bit of cheese. Cook with water and add milk.

When hers was finished, she called me all upset, it wasn't good and it didn't taste like mine, lol. I had to explain to her that when it was finished, you have to taste it and add more, salt, pepper and dill, lol.

She didn't have dii, it's expensive so she added celery salt, when she added the extras, hers was good.

Gravy is also a great one to add, dd has asked about that, casseroles, tuna and brocolli are ones she has asked for.

My dd couldn't cook at all when she left home, she is learning and actually enjoying it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN