Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

New Tatoo

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:07 AM
  • 34 Replies

My youngest came home sporting a new tatoo.  Its definitely not a stone him in the streets issue, but... as I told him, you spent 60.00 on that tatoo and you haven't paid me the money you owe me yet, which is 150.00 and he doesn't get paid for another 3 weeks  and only works part time.  His Dad and I had told him he could have one when he was a self sufficient adult, if he wanted.  Well, the kid still lives at home, has not paid rent, insurance, or for cell phone.  Not self sufficient.  This kid is always pushing the limits.  Guess this is a rant.

by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jabs54
by Jeanine on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:26 AM

I would be mad if my kid owed me money and went out and wasted money on a tattoo.

rosebud727
by Rose on Apr. 22, 2012 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Have him work off some of that rent money while your waiting. I'm sure there are things that need to be done around there, and don't back down.

homeskoolmama
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I'd be upset too. When Jesse got his first tattoo he had worked and saved up for it. His second and third he used Christmas money to pay for them. He has been in school full time for the last year, but when he got his grant money he paid us what he owed us first, took care of his other obligations, bought a computer THEN spent on himself.

he has not always been responsible, thankfully that has changed.

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, some of those headaches are part of growing up! Just stand your ground on those things that are important to you - like being a contributing member of a family!

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 22, 2012 at 12:09 PM

me too!

Quoting jabs54:

I would be mad if my kid owed me money and went out and wasted money on a tattoo.

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

busygramma4
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Me three!

Quoting LadySaphira:

me too!

Quoting jabs54:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter pulled this exact same stunt on me.  At that point in time, I was taking her $$ every payday, paying her bills with it and then giving her back an allowance.  She was living at home at that time, ages 19-24.  Her allowance was $20 a week to buy personal items. One time, 2 days after she got her allowance, she informed me she needed more $$.  I asked why?  She told me after buying tampons and shampoo and antiperspirant, she had no $$ left.  After giving her more $$, I later found out she had spent it on a stupid tattoo. 

CafeMom was not yet in existance - or else I hadn't heard of it.  I sure could have used the advice and support back then!  ugh.  young adults. It's easy for me to say, "Kick him out" but I also know that's much easier said than done!  Been there, done that!

mariC67
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Insurance as in car insurance??? in my house he wouldnt be driving my car until he paid up, if its his own car then I wouldnt be paying it at all

The cell phone would be turned off. We all survived before cell phones existed so why cant the young people today?

CoeyG
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree, his bills should be paid before he gets the tattoo and since he obviously doesn't want to comply with the rules I'd hand him the names and addresses of homeless shelters, soup kitchens and tell him to start packing.  Tell him he can stay only if he pays what he owes now not in three weeks and keeps up with his bills and rent and makes sure they are paid before the next ink.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:04 PM

I don't blame you.  I'd be very mad!!  Hope you can work it out with him and he'll pay up what he owes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN