Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The latest on Shannon

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 6:25 PM
  • 14 Replies

She's getting antsy, counting the days until her next visit to the Ortho hoping that she can start water therapy because she is tired of being in bed most of the time.  

She has shown her dad that she has a pretty good head for business, she sent out forms to all the housekeeping staff regarding availabilitiy and she worked up a schedule that everyone is happy with.  They are more productive and there are less problems.  Except for one girl.  She is the trouble maker though and Shannon's dad was getting ready to fire her.  

She claims that she doesn't get enough hours but she is always taking time off, working only half a shift then complains that he payecheck is short.  Well he lucked out because she quit last Friday.  Said she could make more money working at McDonald's.  Shannon's dad iw working on renovations to the Motel so Shannon and her step mother are working the office so Shannon's dad put her in charge of interviewing possible new hires for the houskeeping position just vacated!  Her step mom has also allowed her to pretty much take everything over.  I'm thinking they are going to have her in charge of the office once she gets completely healed.  She's doing great.

by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darmomusaf
by Gold Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Good news! Hope the ortho appointment goes well!

suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 22, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Awesome, Coey!  Sounds like Shannon has her head screwed on nice and tight!  And I'm sure it's thanks to your no-nonsense approach to parenting.  Hopefully her next doctor's visit will show signs of improvement and they will let her start that water therapy.

Sounds like she is learning a lot where she is and doing well to boot.

Kudos to you and Shannon!

caro100
by Carol on Apr. 22, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Super.  So glad for her.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:07 PM

I'm so glad to hear that she's doing well!!  I know it has to make you feel better too!!  The job sounds like it's a good one and one that she's doing well at.  Keep us posted!!    :)

homeskoolmama
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:04 AM

That is GREAT Colleen! So glad she is doing well at the hotel. Never any doubt that she could do the job. That is great about the schedule. dh has a time with his girls and scheduling. IF they showed up and worked like they should it would be easier.

Praying she continues to heal and goes to water therapy. I know that will be sooo much better than sitting/laying around. It will hurt but oh what a relief to be up and about more.

WOO HOO for Shannon on a job well done! I know you are a proud momma! With every right ;-D

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:06 AM

That's wonderful!

Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:09 AM

That is awesome.  I am so happy that Shannon is doing well and keeping busy.

nana9106
by Darlene on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Thats GREAT! Sounds like she has a good head for business, and has found her 'nitch'. Hopefully she will start therapy soon and be well on her way to complete recovery.

kam013
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Yay for Shannon!!  Sometimes all they need is that one chance to prove themselves, good for her!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:46 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Hugs on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Great news to hear Colleen,
So glad Shannon is doing well & hope that next appointment goes well too.
Good for her Dad in giving her more responsiblity.
Am sure she is loving it too :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)