Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

The cats hid the first week, I let them to go outside yesterday for the first time.  LOl they didnt go far, they hid under my landscaping workshop desk. They have a door that they can come and go as they pleae.   Buddy is the brown Tabby, hes the shy one, he still hides...has come out four times recently.  Mark is the Silver cat. He's very friendly and is happy to see me.

Mark

Buddy...."ummm Maybe I will come out"

Buddy came out for dinner.

by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Replies (21-30):
Esmrlda
by Esme on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I noticed they havent been using the kitty box hardly.  So I think they are getting comfortable with going outside.

Quoting rosebud727:

Their so cute!

My male cat has Maine in him, he loves to go outside. My little girl stays inside. She's a princess.

Thanks for sharing.

Esmrlda
by Esme on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Yes I remember your sis in law with the awesome indoor cat room. I cant believe that cat hid for a year!  Wow, it took her quite awhile to accept him.  So I shouldn't get kitten anytime soon?  ; )    Buddy was starting to come out more and more until I introduced them to the great outdoors then he started hiding all over again.  I have never met more of a scaredy cat.  Sheesh!

Quoting gr8d8n3mom:

OHHH I love them!! Just give Buddy time, he will venture out on his own,and make his way!

Remember my sis in law Shows Maine Coons? They had one pass away a yr or so ago, and about 6 months later got the big red one Rusty, Well Mary would have NO part of Rusty in HER house! LOL, SHE stayed hid up in S & C's bedroom for almost a yr! yes a YR! Mary would come out of course to eat and potty but she was very cautious and sly and made sure that no good Rusty was no where around! LOL (poor 6 month old Rusty didn't do anything wrong) but Maine Coons are such "family" cats, and  after all HE was Replacing her beloved maximus! LOL..Finally Mary has come around and now "allows" Rusty to sit by her when she eats and sometimes when they are just "having family time!" Just the other day C. told me she actually caught the 2 playing but had to stand back and "spy like she didn't see them" LOL

Your gonna love them!

Esmrlda
by Esme on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Buddy let me brush him.....once. 

Quoting Why123:

Those are beautiful cats.  The one in our house that never left the back bedroom is now roaming around the house.  She has even climbed up on my lap when I am sitting on the couch.  Yours will get there too.

EmilyMarshall
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:02 PM
cute

Esmrlda
by Esme on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Thanks, Buddy is so cute.  He waits for me to come home.  As soon as he hears the garage door he is sitting on the chair waiting for me to come say hello.

Quoting Shellness:

I see you got them :) I hope you find them to be loving once they get used to the place. Poor kitties don't know whats going on! Our Maine Coon Cat is the most loving cat I have ever see. Yours are gorgeous!

Esmrlda
by Esme on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Thanks!  I cant wait till Mark is hanging out with me in the yard while I am doing my gardening.

Quoting mac1940:

I;m happy that you got them and am sure before long they will both be glad to have been adopted by such a wonderful lady.  Enjoy them!!

Momforhealth
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:09 PM

WOW!  look at their snouts!   My daughter feels that my calico is a Maine Coon but I do not see the M on her head like I do yours. Your cats are beautiful!! I can't wait to show her yours. 

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:11 PM

LOL yes, she even has a "groomer" for them, but she does show them(2 I think of the 4) From what she and her hubby have told me, Buddy has gone thru so much trama all ready, I'd hold off on a new family member.. ;) Let me see If I can get her latest pic of Rusty & Mary together!

Quoting Esmrlda:

Yes I remember your sis in law with the awesome indoor cat room. I cant believe that cat hid for a year!  Wow, it took her quite awhile to accept him.  So I shouldn't get kitten anytime soon?  ; )    Buddy was starting to come out more and more until I introduced them to the great outdoors then he started hiding all over again.  I have never met more of a scaredy cat.  Sheesh!

Quoting gr8d8n3mom:

OHHH I love them!! Just give Buddy time, he will venture out on his own,and make his way!

Remember my sis in law Shows Maine Coons? They had one pass away a yr or so ago, and about 6 months later got the big red one Rusty, Well Mary would have NO part of Rusty in HER house! LOL, SHE stayed hid up in S & C's bedroom for almost a yr! yes a YR! Mary would come out of course to eat and potty but she was very cautious and sly and made sure that no good Rusty was no where around! LOL (poor 6 month old Rusty didn't do anything wrong) but Maine Coons are such "family" cats, and  after all HE was Replacing her beloved maximus! LOL..Finally Mary has come around and now "allows" Rusty to sit by her when she eats and sometimes when they are just "having family time!" Just the other day C. told me she actually caught the 2 playing but had to stand back and "spy like she didn't see them" LOL

Your gonna love them!

planning a wedding

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:17 PM

This is Rusty on the right and Mary on the left, she got a shave down, she was a naughty girl and got all matted, Rusty isn't sure he likes her "uggh" boots LOL

This is a professional shot of Champion, Rusty(he has a huge name but I'm not sure what it is) his ribbons and prizes line my Sis in laws sewing room!

lauriebash
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:26 PM

We have a stray Maine Coon. When he 1st came here, he was a big bunch of knots and briers. After brushing and snipping for 2 weeks or so, we discovered a beauty! We found out that he was a Maine Coon when we took him for his rabies shot and check up. He refuses to come in EVER. We have tried so many times. He was even bitten by a coyote and lost a leg. Thought for sure he would come in then! Nope!  We are able to coax him into the bike shop every night with smelly wet food. It isn't that he is shy, he is the most loving cat of all 4 of ours, he just hates being inside. The other 3 are inside ONLY. They aren't Maine Coons, one is a Siberian and the other 2 are just plain beautiful. :).

Your kitties are beautiful!  We use "people names" for our pets, to. We have Dickie, Gunther, Mr. Stray, and Pearl. Our dog's name is Julie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)