Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

So I find out on FB.... **vent**

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:32 PM
  • 34 Replies
1 mom liked this

The date of my sons wedding! I have really got my feelings hurt about this.

His fiance posted a pic of the two of them, and one of her friends commented about the details and she replies that the date is set for Sept. 13 in NC. Well, that was news to me... So i commented back that my feelings were hurt and that they could have informed me BEFORE it was posted publicly. She did apologize and then fill me in on the details thus far, and said that she thought that Robert had already told me.

I have a lot of planning of my own to do, so that I can be there. And it is still in the air if we are to bring Savannah(his 4 year old daughter) with us... Communication is nice. 

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raegan1221
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Well that was nice of her to apologize to you. Sounds like it was just some miscommunication. Hope you're able to make it! :)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Glad she apologized though,
Hope you get things worked out :)

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:47 PM

It sounds like a simple case of mis comunication to me.

nana9106
by Darlene on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:53 PM

I wouldn't miss it...which is why I had my feelings hurt. Like they didn't care if I was there or not...but we did get it all sorted out.

Quoting raegan1221:

Well that was nice of her to apologize to you. Sounds like it was just some miscommunication. Hope you're able to make it! :)

nana9106
by Darlene on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Thanks we did. :-)

Quoting hugss:

nana9106
by Darlene on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:54 PM

It was...so I gave HER my number so that we could talk and not depend on my sons communication skills...or lack of

Quoting LadySaphira:

It sounds like a simple case of mis comunication to me.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Glad to hear it & hopefully from now on you'll hear things from one of them first :)

Quoting nana9106:

Thanks we did. :-)

Quoting hugss:

raegan1221
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:56 PM

That's understandable. Glad things are worked out now:)

Quoting nana9106:

I wouldn't miss it...which is why I had my feelings hurt. Like they didn't care if I was there or not...but we did get it all sorted out.

Quoting raegan1221:

Faith, Hope & Love "I Will Have Faith in YOU, Hope For YOU To Come Home To Me & Love YOU More Every Day".
CoeyG
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 2:07 PM

It is her's and your son's wedding and they had/have the right to determine who they tell first.  It really wasn't up to her to tell you, it was up to your son, you should have confronted him and not her on her FB page.  If you want communication you're going to have to disucss it with your son.  

KittyGram
by Becky on Apr. 23, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Common sense would let them know that it is just common courtesy to let the parents know before making an official or unofficial announcement.  It doesn't matter WHO's decision it is whether to tell or not, it's just the polite thing to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)