Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

So I find out on FB.... **vent**

Posted by   + Show Post

The date of my sons wedding! I have really got my feelings hurt about this.

His fiance posted a pic of the two of them, and one of her friends commented about the details and she replies that the date is set for Sept. 13 in NC. Well, that was news to me... So i commented back that my feelings were hurt and that they could have informed me BEFORE it was posted publicly. She did apologize and then fill me in on the details thus far, and said that she thought that Robert had already told me.

I have a lot of planning of my own to do, so that I can be there. And it is still in the air if we are to bring Savannah(his 4 year old daughter) with us... Communication is nice. 

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:32 PM
Replies (31-34):
justme91755
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Sounds like your son is a typical male. Leaves the details to the women and his financee assumed he would tell you. It is not unusual lol hope you gave your son a call about it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busygramma4
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Glad it's all sorted out for you!

Quoting nana9106:

I wouldn't miss it...which is why I had my feelings hurt. Like they didn't care if I was there or not...but we did get it all sorted out.

Quoting raegan1221:

Well that was nice of her to apologize to you. Sounds like it was just some miscommunication. Hope you're able to make it! :)

CoeyG
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Quoting nana9106:

Quoting CoeyG:

Quoting kam013:

Quoting LadySaphira:

I would have done the same..I think all males should be required to take a communication 101 class before graduating high school LOL.

Quoting nana9106:

It was...so I gave HER my number so that we could talk and not depend on my sons communication skills...or lack of

Quoting LadySaphira:

It sounds like a simple case of mis comunication to me.

It's funny you say that (bolded section) because I was just having a conversation this weekend with some friends about this.  One of my friends daughter's goes to Boston College and they are required as freshman to take a communication class.  The schools reasoning is that with the computer world kids these days DO NOT KNOW HOW TO COMMUNICATE FACE TO FACE, everything is done electronically.  One of the requirements of the class is that they have to ask a fellow classmate out on a date (again face to face, no texting) and they have to sit and have an actual conversation.  They are trying to get kids out of the "hook-up" mentality and back to a dating (getting to know you first) mentatlity.  

I thought it was very interesting and also very true of many kids these days.  

Actually I would say that the OP had a communication problem as well.  She was the one using the internet to take her future daughter in law to task over the comment about the up coming marriage.  If it were me I would have called my son and asked him if he and her were going to let me know about their setting a date.  I wouldn't have posted on her facebook..

@ Colleen...I have asked my son many times if they had set a date yet, and his reply was that they were THINKING Aug. -Sept, but THEY would let me know. As far as calling him yesterday when I saw the comment on FB, It was not possible...He is a Marine and is currently out on field training and does not have access to his cell phone. The comment caught me off gaurd, i was just checking out the pic that she posted of him and her...I miss my son terribly and any time I can see his face I take it...especially when he is on duty and can't be reached.

Regardless, I would have waited until I could call my son.  I don't think making his fiance feel bad that you had not been informed was a good thing.  

mom5grandmanow
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I feel for you, all my kids live out of state except youngest who still lives with me.

I find out lots on FB and no one ever admits to thinking they should have told me first.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN