Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

up and out(EDIT)

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:06 AM
  • 16 Replies

Yep, cleaning up and moving out. All things in the bedroom that is.

dh said this morning, get everything out of the dresser and wardrobe so when I come home tonight I can move the furniture out and paint.

WOO HOO

Excited!

Now after it is painting, I will be freecycling and thrift store shopping to redo the room. Right now it is blah. No wall hangings , no curtains, just a big old catch all room of yuck.

I want a nice room, a pretty room. The walls will be a nice sage green color. I'm want to decorate with white and chocolate/dark brown, BUT I have 3 cats that sleep with me, so those colors show cat hair terribly. Not a good idea.

Not sure what I will do...time to look on Pinterest for some ideas.

Off to clean up and out!

4/25

Well, the cleaning is done, the furniture is out and baseboards cleaned. Painting will be done tonight.

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolbreeze0717
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Fun! Nothing better than making our nests prettier!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I'm jealous, sounds like fun

LEK19
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Happy Hunting for ideas!!!

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Me too.   Our neighbour and friend, Al,  who has been a painter for over 30 years, does all of our painting these days.  I have bought two duvet covers, a bedskirt, pillow sham covers, and a throw, some of these purchases going back a year and a half.  That is how long I have been planning to have the painting done.  The bedroom is going to be neutral beige-tan like the LR/DR and walls in the stairways and hallways are done.  I bought one really nice duvet cover at Bed Bath & Beyond, white with a little bit of print and embroidery.  Then I got a second brown/beige/white allover print at IKEA at an amazing price. I would like to also change the dressers (which I bought when I was still living with my parents!)  but not sure what I want.  Have put off doing the painting because of moving  all the furniture which has lots of stuff under it, not to mention 1/2 layer of dust.   Yesterday cleaned out under bed and dressers, ear marked some things for charity, did some vaccuuming (scary), and tonight Al is going to come and patch the holes from picture hangers and curtain brackets, and he will start painting  tomorrow.  The master bathroom has already been redone, so looking forward to a "new " bedroom. 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Have lots of fun!

Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Out with the old and in with the new.

CoeyG
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Mom Cave!

Esmrlda
by Esme on Apr. 24, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Sounds great!  Show us a pic of before and after!!

busygramma4
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Enjoy redoing!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:05 AM

How fun to get to redo a room,
Enjoy it :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN