Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Yep, cleaning up and moving out. All things in the bedroom that is.

dh said this morning, get everything out of the dresser and wardrobe so when I come home tonight I can move the furniture out and paint.

WOO HOO

Excited!

Now after it is painting, I will be freecycling and thrift store shopping to redo the room. Right now it is blah. No wall hangings , no curtains, just a big old catch all room of yuck.

I want a nice room, a pretty room. The walls will be a nice sage green color. I'm want to decorate with white and chocolate/dark brown, BUT I have 3 cats that sleep with me, so those colors show cat hair terribly. Not a good idea.

Not sure what I will do...time to look on Pinterest for some ideas.

Off to clean up and out!

4/25

Well, the cleaning is done, the furniture is out and baseboards cleaned. Painting will be done tonight.

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Replies (11-16):
homeskoolmama
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Well, I got everything packed up yesterday, pictures and curtain rods taken down, small furniture out, base boards wiped down and all that jazz. Last night dh and I moved all the big pieces of furniture out. So tonight he will get it painted. It is a small room so it should not take long. WOO HOO

Pictures to follow when it is done. You see an empty room as I don't have the new stuff yet and it may take a while.

I am thinking of painting the bedside tables and keeping them but the wardrobe has been moved downstairs and the huge dresser and mirror are out as well.

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Good for you.  I have been working  like a dog for a couple of days, cleaning  and moving as much furniture out, or out of the way, so the painting could be done in our master.  Al is working up there right now, and says we can move everything back in on Friday.  Yeah!

jabs54
by Jeanine on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Can't wait to see the finished project :)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:07 AM

So happy & excited for you!
Hope you can share some pics  :)

Shellness
by Michell on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:43 AM

I love sage green. Just go with the earth tones to decorate and it will look great! You can have the chocolate brown in there, in accents maybe.

homeskoolmama
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I have a choclate brown bedcover/quilt type and some pillows, only problem is the cats sleep on my bed during the day! haha it is silky type material and I am sure it would be lovely with one day of three cats sleeping/hair! lol

Quoting Shellness:

I love sage green. Just go with the earth tones to decorate and it will look great! You can have the chocolate brown in there, in accents maybe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)