Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

A Roo Story Revisited

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:31 AM
  • 6 Replies

So I was going through my journal posts..remember the journals?..those things most of us probably don't use anymore because CM took away the fun of reading random people Journals and thus part of our ability to meet new friends that are not in any groups that we are in. I really wish they would make them back to the way they were, it was much more fun that way. Sorry for the rambling LOL

Anyway, as I stated earlier, I was reading through some of my old journals and came across this one about Roo, I got laughing so hard remembering the incident that I had tears running down my face and Mark was looking at me like I completely lost my mind for good. So I present to you, my dear friends, one of my favorite Roo stories:

Those of you who know about my son Roo know the issues he faces with his disabilities......one of them is he is very anxious/fearful of certain things, like sounds that he does not know/see the source of.

Many months ago hubby installed a lock on the outside of my daughters' door to keep Andrew from getting into their things and destroying them.

Tonight we sent Roo up to bed, and Casey was laying in her room with the lights off watching TV.  Within seconds Andrew comes almost literally flying down the stairs white as a sheet screaming "There's something in there! There's something in there!"  Almost simultaneously we hear a loud banging that was vibrating through the entire house. The banging and screaming continues as hubby and I are frantically trying to figure out both where the banging is coming from and find out exactly what Roo is screaming and shaking..  The poor kid was whiter than white, almost to the point where I thought he was going to pass out. If the boy had any hair, it would have been standing on end. The only time I have ever seen him that scared was when he experienced night terrors.

As you probably have figured out, Roo heard Casey shift in her bedroom, jumped up , slammed her door, locked it, and hightailed it downstairs. Instead of yelling Casey just started kicking the door in her panic of being locked in her room.

In Roo's mind whatever the hell was in that room was not going to stand a chance to get at him LOL. Hubby went upstairs and released Roo's prisoner, he is now calm, and I still can't stop laughing!

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
CoeyG
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Never a dull moment huh?  Poor Andrew

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:09 AM

NOt in this house. There are some days that I would be willing to pay for a dull moment LOL

Quoting CoeyG:

Never a dull moment huh?  Poor Andrew

Click on my siggy to help find a cure for cancer!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:33 PM
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Aww .. glad all is calm now though :)

KittyGram
by Becky on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:20 AM

I do feel bad for him, but this was funny!!!!  I know what you mean about re-reading things from our pasts - when I was fostermom to my granddaughters, I wrote down a lot of the funny stuff that took place, and then a friend of mine scrapbooked the stories, along w/ pics of both of them, and when I read them now, more than 3 1/2 years after they've left my care, I still feel like I'm right there, and boy, do I get some laughs from them still!!! 

Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:07 AM

That is definitely funny now but I can imagine how not funny then.

homeskoolmama
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:02 AM

ROTFL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN