• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Is Your

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:37 AM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

Favorite type of music and what is your favorite song.

My favorite type of music is Classic Rock My All time favorite song is STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:33 AM

I don't have a specific genre that I like although there is a LOT I do NOT enjoy!  I have my own playlist of a little over 900 tunes, including classical piano (I used to play the piano so I have pieces I used to play), country (1990s-2000s), a lot of 1970s from light rock (Carpenters, Barry Manilow) to "heavier" stuff (Led Zepplin, ELO), some Brazilian tunes (I was an exchange student to Brazil in 1976 and have found songs that I enjoyed then, thanks to internet).  Quite a bit of 1980s and 1990s, too.  I even have a lullaby I sang to Johnny as an infant and a Japanese tune I remember hearing my mother sing when I was a little kid. I have my playlist randomized and I know every song by heart.

NO RAP CRAP.  And nothing from current artists because I don't listen to the radio anymore and don't know what's out there and would rather listen to songs I know.  I listen to the oldies station on my commute to/from work.

nana9106
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Country Music...and my favorite song changes week to week LOL

Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I listen to a lot of different kinds of music.  I love Andre Rieu, the Carpenters, Abba, the Association and lots of others.  Like Suzee, I am not crazy about rap.  I do however listen to the newer singers.  I like Finger 11, Train, and Nickleback.

homeskoolmama
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:05 AM

I listen to a station that plays music from the 70's to current music. A good mix. I love it.

louannwilkins
by Louann on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:29 AM

I listen to a ton of music.  I like country, rock, r and b, oldies, some jazz....really like most music except opera.  Favorite song....I have too many and listen to music all the time so it's hard to choose just one.

Gypsykatzen
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I like a wide range of music. All depends on my mood and what is going on in my life.

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I like anything other than rap/hip hop and disco but lean more towards hard rock heavy metal. I don't reallu have a favorite song.

mac1940
by Mary Ann on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I like country and rock and roll from the 50's and 60's.  Favorite would be hard to list as I have so many.  Most anything by Conway Twitty or Kris Kristopherson is high on the list as are a bunch of others.

KittyGram
by Becky on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I love most kinds of music, excluding rap and extremely heavy metal.  Currently, I listen to mostly country, but my all-time favorite song is Spirit in the Sky, by Norman Greenbaum.  LOVE the bass!!  I also like Under the Boardwalk (the Drifters).  I love Island music, and this has traces of it in it.  For that same reason (Island music), I love Zac Brown Band's "Toes" and "Knee Deep" (with Jimmy Buffett!). 

LEK19
by Group Admin on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:41 PM

I like too much to pick a favorite. It really depends on my mood and what I am doing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)