• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You Are Not Your Mother

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:23 PM
  • 7 Replies

Man Dressed as Dead Mother for 6 Years -- Hair, Lipstick, Nails & All

Thomas Prusik-Parkin
Thomas Prusik-Parkin & Mhilton Rimolo
Just when you think you've heard it all, a man goes and dresses up like his dead mother -- for six years -- in order to continue cashing in on her Social Security benefits. Thomas Prusik-Parkin was in court yesterday for allegedly collecting over $115,000 of his deceased mother Irene's government benefits after she died in 2003. How did he do it? Well, first, he reportedly changed Irene's death certificate, adding a fake Social Security number and birthday, making it seem like she was still alive. Then he went to the DMV to renew her driver's license -- dressed like her. And then when people started growing suspicious of him during a real estate battle, he threw on a coat of nail polish, a red cardigan, and some lipstick and met with the DA's office. What could possibly go wrong, right?

Needless to say, Prusik-Parkin's ruse wasn't as rock solid as he thought. He and an accomplice -- Mhilton Rimolo, his "nephew" -- were indicted in 2009 on 47 counts, including grand larceny, forgery, conspiracy, and criminal impersonation. So, yeah.

If this is true, which surveillance videos seem to indicate, wow. Creepy Norman Bates factor aside, who'd have thought there's a person out there with this little scruples? I've seen people get weird about the leftover money of the deceased, but going as far as dressing up like someone who died -- especially when that someone is your mother and you're a man! -- brings the world down to a whole new low. 

Prusik-Parkin has already been in jail for three years for this mess. If convicted, he could be in there for another 22. Seems like an appropriate punishment for a particularly disturbing crime.

Um ... thoughts on this?

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:42 PM

That money should have gone to other poor social security recipients and not to a lazy bum like him.  I am 1 quarter shy of being able to collect social security.  I don't think I'll ever be able to retire.

nana9106
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:07 PM

C.R.A.Z.Y.!!

CoeyG
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:53 PM

They must have gotten the idea from watchin Psycho.  Norman Bates would dress up like his dead mother to kill his victims

gmadiane
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:17 PM

oh my god

busygramma4
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Shows how many sick people are actually out there!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Wow not nice at all ::shaking head::
The things some will do ::gasp::

Shellness
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:45 AM

I bet theres more out there just like him. At least he didn't kill for money but looks like he's going to get punished as if he did. Don't take from the government right?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)