Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update on my going to Texas

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:44 PM
  • 18 Replies

So I was talking to Shannon this evening and we were discussing the things I have to do to get ready to move.  She knows I wasn't feeling all that wee the past week with the weather and she knows that I'm going to be selling off some of the stuff.  But she wants me to keep some of her things she has a large jewelry dresser that her dad got her she wants to keep the large flat screen television.  Plus I have boxes of my things I want as well as my oxygen concentrator.  

She goes back to the doctor next month and hopefully she will be well enough to begin PT and not long after that she wants to get her driver's license.  Her dad will be giving her his van so she wants to drive here so we can load up the van and drive back together.  That way I can also sell my car.  I won't be needing my car there as I will have Schwan's and if I need anything Shannon can drive me, if I do need a car I can rent one for the day.  

But of course this means I will be here for a bit longer than I really wanted to be.  But It will be okay.  I can deal.  I'd rather start out there with more money so I can wait.  

She called because she was nervous LOL.  Tomorrow she conducts her first interview for new houskeeper.  She has really impressed her father with her business sense so he has kind of let her have free reign.  I told her to simply write out a list of questions she wanted to ask, make copies for each candidate then write down their answers next to the questions and add them to the applications.  Then her and her dad can go over them all and make a decision.  My baby is becoming upperf management LOL

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:12 AM

Sometimes making changes can be exciting and I know the anticipation of it can be fun.  It will be awesome if Shannon can come up with the van and help you move.  But will there be enough space in the van for everything?  and do you have anyone at your end to help you load up that van or will it just be you and Shannon? 

Glad to hear her dad is giving her free reign over the interviewing process.  She might make some mistakes but that's all part of learning, too.  I'm sure she will do just fine. 

I know you will keep us posted!  I'm excited for you! 

Again, Kudos to you for raising such an independent bright young woman!

Shellness
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:40 AM

I didn't know you were moving. I'm happy for you that you will be near your daughter again. That's a good thing!

Why123
by Nancy on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:53 AM

I hope you get to move soon.  I know how much you want to be in Texas.  Go Shannon!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for you, join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:26 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:05 AM

I hope you do get to move soon Colleen,
Being closer to dd will be wonderful for you both!
Can you see the light yet at the end of the tunnel?  Meaning like maybe you moving by end of summer?
So happy to hear dd is doing well there & that her Dad is impressed!
Appreciate the update :)

terri-553
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:07 AM

hugsWelcome to my home state.Hope everything works out for you.Wish you all the bestpuppy

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Sounds like you two are working  out a good plan!

EireLass
by Platinum Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Good for her! And good for you to keep your plan in motion.

LEK19
by Group Admin on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Still moving forward!! Hoping it all falls into place.

I have a sister in Texas - Harker Heights.

dreamweaver56
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Plan, plan, plan...you already have a good one, it seems ! And, you've passed on to your dtr. your how to, as well. Even though your move may be delayed longer than you wish, it will happenwhen it should. Go Coey, and Shannon !

CoeyG
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Quoting suzeebloch:

Sometimes making changes can be exciting and I know the anticipation of it can be fun.  It will be awesome if Shannon can come up with the van and help you move.  But will there be enough space in the van for everything?  and do you have anyone at your end to help you load up that van or will it just be you and Shannon? 

Glad to hear her dad is giving her free reign over the interviewing process.  She might make some mistakes but that's all part of learning, too.  I'm sure she will do just fine. 

I know you will keep us posted!  I'm excited for you! 

Again, Kudos to you for raising such an independent bright young woman!

Oh yes there will be enough room for everything.  For Shannon there will be just her jewelery dresser, boxes of shoes LOL.  My boxes that I've nevr unpacked, my clothes which I can put all of them into a suitcase.  The flat screen, my O2 concentrator.  I'm going to sell, ro try to sell everything else.  I have two beds, two recliners, a washer and a dryer, two televisions and an assortment of tables.  Hopefully I can sell most of it and if not it will go to charity.

I am so excited for her doing this interviewing.  I know that her dad is giving her free reign because he would rather do the maintainence, he's not an office type LOL and while she is a nice person his wife isn't all that bright when it comes to business LOL.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)