Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Meditation..

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:02 AM
  • 7 Replies
Does anyone else like to meditate, or do yoga??
I discovered meditation last year and am trying to get my wired sis in law to try it .. Yoga to but she says she is "to fat" I told her first she isn't and second yoga is good for women of all sizes... It's wonderfully relaxing, and great for wieght loss and strength training while healing the mind. Last year in Florida my daughter and I discovered the hotel we were at held meditation at sunrise on the beach, at first we felt a little silly and giggled but as the days unfolded we really got into it and looked forward to it we did it every morning at sunrise for 2 1/2 wks it was wonderful... Since then i meditate daily ... I have a quiet spot with my candles and I listen to soft music, it clears my head, my mind and helps me take control of that demon from my past, it's the only thing that works as I don't believe in medications for anxiety or depression, it also helps if I am feeling panicky...when I relax I can assure myself he's gone. So just curious does anyone else meditate or do yoga or relax in other ways??
Bless!!
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
suzeebloch
by Ronna on Apr. 26, 2012 at 7:56 AM

The only time I "meditate" - the quiet spot to clear my head and mind - is when I'm sleeping.  LOL. But I don't do yoga or have any kind of meditation routine.

As far as anxiety or depression, I belong to a high-fat low-carb way of eating yahoo group.  One lady in our group has been able to ditch her bipolar meds altogether and just recently completed a nearly year-long study with a doctor on the east coast for this.  Several people in this group have indicated feeling calm and less anxious.  I, too,  have noted this uncanny ability to remain in a very happy place despite (1) my kid having a brain tumor/surgery and living 1800  miles away (2) having very very tight finances (3) a boss who is very difficult to work for.  Not sure how I am remaining in such a happy state with all this but it doesn't bother me!  lol.

Also, speaking of the boss who is very difficult to work for - she does yoga with a yoga person (trainer? guru? not sure what they are called).  She said her yoga person is constantly reminding her "to breathe."  I know she still yells at the others in the office but she hasn't been yelling much at me lately. 

Shellness
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:32 AM

I haven't the chance to do yoga but would love to. I know its good for you. As for meditation I do a form of it with prayer every day. (actually several small moments each day as I need them, lol) but def. at least one time for an extended period of time.

Works like a charm for that peace of mind, lol!

krisdev67
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:13 PM

I don't meditate in the sense of sitting and listening to music.  However I clear my mind by walking and putting my head phones in with some great music.  OMG it really relaxes me and gets my mojo (creative juices) flowing when I need them to be.

jabs54
by Jeanine on Apr. 27, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I don't meditate.  If I need to calm myself I pray to my Lord and Savior.  I always envy the way people can bend their bodies when they do yoga.  I'm sure I would benefit from it.

KittyGram
by Becky on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I haven't, but yoga has been recommended to me (not by a medical professional, but by a woman I know through work, because it's helped her a lot) for my physical ailments - lower back, hip, knee problems.  I used to meditate a little - it's what helped me quit smoking, in a way - but that was 21 years ago. 

LadySaphira
by Lisa on Apr. 27, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I spce out and daydream a lot but that is as close to meditation I ever get LOL. There is never anywhere quiet in my house.

CoeyG
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I do sort of meditate as I completely clear my mind, I shut everything except my O2 machine off and I just listen to it.  I do a bit of yoga stretches to keep me flexible so I can keep my body going.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN