Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

OMG perforated uterus?!

Posted by   + Show Post
My daughter had her 2nd child 2+ months ago & shortly afterward her Dr. put in an I.U.D. She just phoned me in tears & said at her check-up today they could not find the string to the I.U.D. Xrays show it has perforated her uterus & moved into her abdominal cavity beside her hip! :( She has to have emergency surgery tomorrow to remove it & she's terrified... I'm an 8 hour flight from her & packing like a crazy person. I'm so terribly worried. Does anyone out there have any experience with this?
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:09 PM
Replies (11-20):
shadenn766
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

no experience with that issue...but i do hope everything works out for your daughter...prayers to all of you ...keep us posted...

jabs54
by Jeanine on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Any update Lisa???

sonogal
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Praying everything is ok...perforation is a risk, seems to be a little more common when inserted shortly after giving birth. Sorry she is going through this. So glad she had her check up, so many young women never get the recommended follow ups.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LLICE
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:55 AM
2 moms liked this
Her surgery went beautifully & the stray I.U.D. was successfully removed (it had perforated the uterine wall & gone straight through it.) She's resting comfortably & is very relieved I'm here to help. So am I!!
Thank you all for your prayers & concern. I think having so many people praying for her must've helped a lot, she is surprised & pleased to know there are so many good people out there in the world. I am not surprised - Thank you again! <3
Allebas
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I just now found your post!! Your poor DD!!! I am SO SORRY she had to go thru that!!!! I'm glad you were able to be there for her and to help her!!!! WOW!! I am so glad her surgery went well and it sounds like she's on the mend!!! Thank you for the update!!

LLICE
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Quoting EireLass:

Yes, this happened to my sister 25 years ago. But they didn't know that's what the problem was. She became very ill, her white blood cell count was way up, she was loaded with infection. They did marrow testing for leukemia, etc. What a disaster. When it was finally found out, she had a complete hysterectomy, and a couple blood transfusions....which left her with HepC :o( ...... She went through the treatment at home years later and for now, has kept the HepC at bay. She was early 30's.

I'm so sorry that happened to her, it sounds like she really had a bad time of it. :( I'm glad she was able to undergo trmt. for the Hep C with success. Hope she's doing well now!
Shellness
by Michell on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:40 AM

No. Thats awful. I hope she's ok. Keep us updated when you can. Prayers being said.

shadenn766
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:19 AM

it's good to know that everything worked out well...take care

Quoting LLICE:

Her surgery went beautifully & the stray I.U.D. was successfully removed (it had perforated the uterine wall & gone straight through it.) She's resting comfortably & is very relieved I'm here to help. So am I!!
Thank you all for your prayers & concern. I think having so many people praying for her must've helped a lot, she is surprised & pleased to know there are so many good people out there in the world. I am not surprised - Thank you again! <3

jabs54
by Jeanine on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:21 PM

I'm so glad everything went well!!!!!  I hope she continues to heal quickly.

kam013
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Glad to hear that she is well and resting.  So happy that you were able to be there with her!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)