Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

O.M.G.!!!  I took the daughter and granddaughters out tonight (girls night out) for Puerto Rican food.  Not my first, but it was theirs.  Oh, wow, was it good!!!  It was a restaurant I found online when actually searching for Cuban restaurants, but it had the best comments/recommendations of those nearby. 

We drove over 1/2 hour from my daughter's, which is already 15 minutes from my job, but worth every bite, every cent, and every mile that we drove!

We ordered 3 appetizers and two entrees, and it was too much food.  We had amarillas, which are fried plantains.  We had bacalaito, which is a fried cod fish fritter.  We had pastelillo de pollo, which are chicken turnovers.  MMMMM!!!!  The daughter and the grandkiddos didn't like the texture of the plantains, but loved the flavor. 

The entrees were pechuga al ajillo and mofongo - both were chicken sauted in garlic butter with onions and red and green bell peppers.  MMMMMM!!! 

I'm sure I went over my points today, but I'll make up for it tomorrow!
!

by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Replies (11-11):
KittyGram
by Becky on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:42 PM

I'll bet there are some that are extemely similar!!!

Quoting caro100:

Oops Is my face red.  I thought it was Cuban.  I really thought it sounded like some of the Cuban recipes I've seen.  How embaraasing.

Quoting KittyGram:

Quoting caro100:

Yumm!!!  I've never actually had Cuban, sounds yummy!

I've never had Cuban either, and this was only the second time for Puerto Rican food.  I'm still looking for a Cuban restaurant out here in the burbs that gets great reviews.  There are some in Chicago, but if I can find some out here, I'd rather go to those.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)