Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

April Showers bring May flowers!

Posted by   + Show Post

Life has been super busy, and I've tried staying somewhat in touch here on CM.

Empty nesters is my "one and only" group I visit and thought I'd share some pictures from my daughters baby shower we had last week.  Just 3 weeks away now for my first grandbaby!

Me and my 3 girls.

I went a wee bit crazy on the gifts.  I bought her a 3 in 1 pack n play and filled it full of gifts.

Her nursery theme is elephants...Here's the cake.

My first knitting project ever began when my daughter was pregnant with her first baby that ended in a miscarriage.  I felt compelled to finish it as I knew it would have sentimental value to her.  So here is the baby blanket I finished literally the day of the baby shower.

More pictures to come when baby Nora arrives!!

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Replies (21-27):
momma-t42
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:59 AM
First project and probably my last. I found knitting too long of a process to see results. I have adult ADD or do I say.. LoL

Quoting homeskoolmama:

WOO HOO a baby to spoil! and looks like you have a head start. How sweet with the elephants! Love the blanket, you did a great job and this is your first project? wow, nice.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma-t42
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:00 AM
You're sweet. I sure do love my girls, but I hope to have a grandson one day.

Quoting caro100:

Oh, so cute.   I'm officially jealous of you again.  Agrandma and girls.  Love my boys, but its not the same.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma-t42
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! When our youngest two girls were born is when they came out with the pack n play. I always wanted to buy one because all our family lived 10 or more hours away.. We were far too poor to afford much of anything. It was my first big purchase for my grand baby. Then I thanked God for His blessings.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Wow.....GREAT pic of you and the girls.  You're all beautiful!!  Congrats on baby Nora and being a grandma!!  I know you are super excited!!  You bought the same pack and play that I bought for Breana.  We loved it and it came in handy a lot.  The cake is really pretty too.  Now, the blanket....I'm SO impressed!  You did a good job!  I'm sure it will mean a lot to her just because you made it.  Yay!!  lol   Keep us posted and more pics please.  I really miss you not being here all the time too by the way!!!        :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma-t42
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:06 AM
I love the name Nora as well, her middle name will be Lee... The same as her momma's.

Quoting Shellness:

So exciting! I would be the same way, buying all the gifts. I'm glad for you. Nora is a lovely old fashioned type of name.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momma-t42
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:10 AM
You're so sweet. My pregnant daughter and I attended a Beth Moore conference 2 weeks ago and they let us in early because she's obviously about to pop.. One of the ladies asked if we were sisters or best friends. At first I thought she was joking, but she wasn't. Blew my mind, guess the natural Botox from being heavy makes a difference ;)

Quoting kam013:

Beautiful picture of you and your daughters.  Truth . . . . you can hardly tell who the Mom of the group is!!

I have found in the last 6 months that being a Grandma is the best!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww what great pics!
You have a right to go overboard, LOL
Looks like she did well & can't wait to see more pics :)

Join us at

Time Out for You

Bmat
by Barb on May. 1, 2012 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for the pictures! Wonderful! And congratulations. I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your grandbaby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)