Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Forgive me If I've posted this before...(dang memory..LOL)

Posted by   + Show Post

when my DD was in 11th grade(2009) due to her having gone thru so much(I won't get into that) I decided, to get her a puppy. Nice little Rescue, as it turned out a Rat Terrier had come in by animal control and given birth about 2 weeks ago.(poor mama was so emaciated, they didn't know she was pregnant)

DD pick her little guy from that litter. We went 3 times a week to visit her guy. I knew when DD went off to college, he was going to be my responsibility.

Fast forward: DD lives @ home, and Fraggles(her dog)s crates is in her room. She has a job, but almost NEVER buys his food.(he has 2 sisters Btw) She has never paid a vet bill, or even offered to work off a vet bill,and when he was 2 months old was injured and lost his front leg, costing almost 300$. DD does not get off her behind to walk her dog potty.(when DH & I do it,we take all 3, IF DD ever does it, and only after I say its UR dog UR turn, she only takes HER dog!

I think Fraggle thinks I am his mom, as I cared for him while he had both his surgeries on his injury,DD was "afraid" she would hurt him(he had to stay in his crate or carry him out side for a little bit, other than that, just get used to being a 3 legged dog(and he is a fast joker let me tell you!)

We have doggie dinner about 5ish, every night, if DD is home, Rarely does she feed.

Her attitude is when she is off of work, she is off of EVERYTHING!

This upsets me as I have taught my kids from day one, the animals ALWAYS come first, they can't go to the fridge and get a drink., or go to the cabinet and get their own food! THEY need US.

Little Fraggle sleeps on the end of my DD's bed usually, but if she isn't going to home I let him sleep in our room with his sisters.

Fraggle has some type of sore or bite on his back ankle, I am going to try a home remedy, if that doesn't work/ look better by tomorrow, I'll have to take him to the vet.

This same DD's car is in pieces under our carport,as Dh tries to find parts. I just don't know what to do with this kid! She says she is moving out this summer..(we'll see) she is getting pissy because the parts are hard to find for her car(again no ones fault) and she's pissed because it's been 3 weeks since she has seen her boyfriend. I said, he should come to see you! She said he doesn't have a car, I was like, well how much does he "love you"??

thanks for letting me vent! (I know I'm in a crappy mood, and I've been trying really hard to not let it get to my family as my health is taking a bad turn and I'm in constant severe pain, I'm on new meds, it will just take a little bit for them to adjust,, so DD is saying I just bitchy, and when will my meds take hold!)

planning a wedding

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Replies (21-22):
Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 14, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Dont blame being bitchy on the meds, that would make me bitchy too!  Cute dogs and Elle May is very very Regal isnt she?  : )  

gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Thank you!,, and thanks on our furkids! Yes, Ellie mae, is VERY Regal, she even hates to get her feet wet!, kind of a problem to go potty when it rains! LOL

Quoting Esmrlda:

Dont blame being bitchy on the meds, that would make me bitchy too!  Cute dogs and Elle May is very very Regal isnt she?  : )  

planning a wedding

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)