Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

Sit alone?

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:50 AM
  • 26 Replies
I'm having breakfast alone at Bob Evans. I normally hate going out alone but, I'm about to spend the next 3 days and nights with 6 troubled teenage girls. Therefore, I am basking in the peace and quiet. Oh, and a real momma's meal since the group homes portion control leaves ya wanting to eat a kid.. Hehe

Has anyone else felt comfortable eating out by yourself, or going to a movie alone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Why123
by Nancy on May. 1, 2012 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I have done it quite a bit.  I lived alone for awhile.  I would go out to eat alone and usually I will go to the movies alone.  I still kind of like to be by myself every now and then.

kam013
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I used to go to the movies alone a lot when DH didn't want to see particular flicks. Never bothered me in the least, relished those quiet times back then. I often eat alone for lunch when I am out working, usually I tool around on my phone or read.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mac1940
by Mary Ann on May. 1, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I have eaten alone but can't say it was anything I particularly enjoyed - more a case of being hungry outweighing the discomfort of eating alone.  I havegone to the movies alone simply because I wanted to see the movie and DH is not into the movie I wanted to see - no discomfort there.  I do enjoy some alone time, but prefer it to be just that - alone.

KittyGram
by Becky on May. 1, 2012 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I do.  I've been single (as in divorced) for more than half of my entire life, and friends aren't always available when I make that spur of the moment decision to go out.  I LOVE sitting at restaurants alone, depending on the restaurant and which night of the week it is, because that's when I catch up on a lot of my reading (I fall asleep when I try to read at home).  Movies, again, on the right night of the week, I don't mind going by myself, but not as much as dining alone. 

homeskoolmama
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I don't do it. I feel lonely and like people are watching me. I prefer to be with someone, eat in my car or at home. lol

oohh 3 days and night, you need prayer!

DesignGirl450
by Lynda on May. 1, 2012 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

I have been to a movie, theatre production, away for a weekend, and to a couple of foreign countries alone.  No big deal to eat alone in a restaurant.  

CoeyG
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I do feel comfortable doing it.  My money is as green as someone who comes in with a tribe LOL

LadySaphira
by Lisa on May. 1, 2012 at 12:50 PM

I don't think I have ever eaten a meal alone...wow that is weird

Bmat
by Barb on May. 1, 2012 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't  mind going to a movie alone, but I feel very uncomfortable going out to eat alone and will do carry out if I can or take a book otherwise.

jabs54
by Jeanine on May. 1, 2012 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I do it all the time.  I usually bring a book when I go out to eat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN