Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What is the last thing you lost?

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:53 PM
  • 68 Replies

Do you lose things or... (ahem) Misplace things often?   Do you go to get something and it isnt there where you thought you put it?

The last thing I have lost is a pair of my workout sweats.  They were my favorite pair and I cant find them anywhere and have tore the whole closet up to find them.  Nope they are gone.  Oh and I lost all my snow clothes during the move. 

by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momcat437
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:55 PM

Other than my sanity, my black cardigan--I think my daughter had it last...*sigh*

CoeyG
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:59 PM

My Mind

Bmat
by Barb on May. 1, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I misplace things all the time, but I have all of my life so it isn't just now that I am (ahem) older.  The last major thing I lost was the paperwork for our new bedroom furniture. I looked all through the house- found a few things actually that I had lost before- and even dug around under the seat in the car. The furniture store sent out new copies. Two weeks later my husband found the originals, in the arm rest in the car. For some reason I must have thought that was an organized place for the papers.

Bmat
by Barb on May. 1, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Too bad about your snow clothes!  Do you have mending or laundry someplace that your may have put your sweats there?  The sweats didn't wear out did they and you threw them out?  Did you look under the clothes in your closet? Could you have stuffed them into a drawer? Did you hang them up and then hang something else over them?

Quoting Esmrlda:

Do you lose things or... (ahem) Misplace things often?   Do you go to get something and it isnt there where you thought you put it?

The last thing I have lost is a pair of my workout sweats.  They were my favorite pair and I cant find them anywhere and have tore the whole closet up to find them.  Nope they are gone.  Oh and I lost all my snow clothes during the move. 

wheresthewayout
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:40 PM

I have a habit of buying clothes on clearance at the the end of the season, I buy a size bigger for my son so when he needs them I have them on hand. Well I guess last summer I bought a bunch of summer clothes because I was cleaning out a closet and what do I find? a big bag of summer clothes bought last year. That was great because we don't have much money for new summer clothes this year. So yeah for a whole year I forgot and now I'm so happy to have found these clothes!

and to answer the question the last thing I lost was my Itouch, found it days later under the couch, then couldn't find the cord, we were all looking for it! it was in a bowl of odds and ends.

melissa632
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:45 PM
I lost my money order for my rent. I have a place that I always put it & I went to grab it yesterday, & it wasn't there. I looked under my sectional & even moved my coffee table. Nowhere. Well, today I moved the coffee table again and there it was! I was so relieved. I don't usually lose stuff. That's my husbands job....lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gabyangy
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 3:47 PM

I lost my Pandora bracelet.  I'm thinking of buying myself a new one..

nana9106
by Darlene on May. 1, 2012 at 3:49 PM

My marbles...going crazy

I lost my sunglasses, for the life of me I can't figure out where they went. They are always in my purse....not anymore :-/

Why123
by Nancy on May. 1, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I am always losing something.  That's why my house is so cluttered.  If I can't see it, it doesn't exist.  Periodically I will go on a cleaning binge and put stuff away.  At that point it is gone forever because I'll never be able to find it anymore.  I can't remember what the last thing I was looking for.  I don't think I found it anyway.

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 1, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I know, I had a really cute red snow suit.  When we went to the snow a few weeks ago I had to buy all new stuff.  I went to a thrift store and got some gently used stuff for a good price.   I have looked every where.....the sweats were in good shape.  I even found the shirt that I always wear them with. The only place it could be is folded up in dh's T-shirts and I have already gone through most of them.  Or fell out of my gym bag.

Quoting Bmat:

Too bad about your snow clothes!  Do you have mending or laundry someplace that your may have put your sweats there?  The sweats didn't wear out did they and you threw them out?  Did you look under the clothes in your closet? Could you have stuffed them into a drawer? Did you hang them up and then hang something else over them?

Quoting Esmrlda:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)