Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What is the last thing you lost?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you lose things or... (ahem) Misplace things often?   Do you go to get something and it isnt there where you thought you put it?

The last thing I have lost is a pair of my workout sweats.  They were my favorite pair and I cant find them anywhere and have tore the whole closet up to find them.  Nope they are gone.  Oh and I lost all my snow clothes during the move. 

by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Replies (31-40):
Bmat
by Barb on May. 3, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I needed it because I wanted to have proof of partial payment and exactly what we'd ordered. Thank goodness the store was very nice about sending new copies.

Quoting Esmrlda:

LOl thats so funny about finding things that you lost before.....why did you need the paperwork for the furniture?

Quoting Bmat:

I misplace things all the time, but I have all of my life so it isn't just now that I am (ahem) older.  The last major thing I lost was the paperwork for our new bedroom furniture. I looked all through the house- found a few things actually that I had lost before- and even dug around under the seat in the car. The furniture store sent out new copies. Two weeks later my husband found the originals, in the arm rest in the car. For some reason I must have thought that was an organized place for the papers.

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 3, 2012 at 5:37 PM

oh boy, sounds frustrating.

Quoting Why123:

I am always losing something.  That's why my house is so cluttered.  If I can't see it, it doesn't exist.  Periodically I will go on a cleaning binge and put stuff away.  At that point it is gone forever because I'll never be able to find it anymore.  I can't remember what the last thing I was looking for.  I don't think I found it anyway.

KittyGram
by Becky on May. 3, 2012 at 5:38 PM

My mind.  Have you seen it? 

KittyGram
by Becky on May. 3, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Actually, the last thing(s) I lost were my keys.  It was about 2 weeks ago.  I was at a local hot dog/beef place with my granddaughter and a friend of mine.  When we went to leave, I looked all over for my keys, under the table, in the restroom, on the floor between the table and the restroom.  Asked the manager to check to see if someone had turned them in.  Finally decided I should check outside.  They were in THE IGNITION.  Fortunately I'd left the door unlocked.  And fortunately, if anyone else noticed they were in the ignition, they probably thought I was TRYING to have someone steal it!!!!  Scary.   

KittyGram
by Becky on May. 3, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Quoting Bmat:

I'm frustrated right now because I've lost my TV remote. I've gone through this room and looked anyplace I can imagine that it might be. :(

There was a time when my granddaughters were in my care, that the younger one, then about 18 months old, had the remote in her hand.  Then I couldn't find it.  Searched everywhere, and I do mean EVERYWHERE.  I didn't see it again until about 2 weeks later, when she came walking toward me with it in her hand.  I have no clue where she had "stored" it. 

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 3, 2012 at 5:54 PM

LOL, someday you will find all these things in your very safe place.  I do that too. 

Quoting mac1940:

I have a very bad habit of putting things in a very safe place so that I won't lose them.  Problem is that when I go to get them, I can't remember where I put them.  Grrr.  A couple months ago I put packages of flower seeds away, but now that I want them, God only knows where I put them.  So I guess they are lost and today I went out and bought more.

melissa632
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Yeah, I was pretty stressed. That's a lot of money!

Quoting Esmrlda:

Yikes!  I bet you were sweatin it. Thank god you found it, that would of been awful.

Quoting melissa632:

I lost my money order for my rent. I have a place that I always put it & I went to grab it yesterday, & it wasn't there. I looked under my sectional & even moved my coffee table. Nowhere. Well, today I moved the coffee table again and there it was! I was so relieved. I don't usually lose stuff. That's my husbands job....lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 3, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Blah, and we know you need them in Florida

Quoting Shellness:

I can't find my favorite sunglasses right now....

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 3, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Hazard a guess is right. It looks like a pregnancey test but I KNOW tht cant be right. Dont know why you would have it in your car unless you use it to open the window, something to do with your tanks maybe? I havent a clue what it is.....

Quoting CoeyG:

Actually I lost two of these, can't find them anywhere, thank goodness I had one left and had to order more.  I'm thinking they are somewhere in my car and I'll find them when I clean it out.  Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what it is LOL

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 3, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Thats funny

Quoting LadySaphira:

my sanity LOL

SEriously I am always misplacing things, I do it so often I can't even remeber what I have lost 5 minutes after someone has found it for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN