Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Adult Kids Moms with Adult Kids

What is the last thing you lost?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you lose things or... (ahem) Misplace things often?   Do you go to get something and it isnt there where you thought you put it?

The last thing I have lost is a pair of my workout sweats.  They were my favorite pair and I cant find them anywhere and have tore the whole closet up to find them.  Nope they are gone.  Oh and I lost all my snow clothes during the move. 

by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:53 PM
Replies (41-50):
Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 3, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Oh shoot, you must of been in a hurry

Quoting louannwilkins:

A book that I wanted to read.  I had it out and on a shelf or so I thought.  Now....can't find it anywhere.  My luck I took it to goodwill when I dropped off some stuff.  I wonder about myself all the time!!  lol  I'm always doing something like this now.

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 3, 2012 at 6:08 PM

haha have you found it yet?

Quoting Bmat:

I'm frustrated right now because I've lost my TV remote. I've gone through this room and looked anyplace I can imagine that it might be. :(

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 3, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Oh no, what are you going to do? What was the gift?

Quoting AriMommy:

The present I bought my Mom last month for Mother's Day.  I thought I put it in my closet, but when I went to grab it to mail it today, it's MIA. 

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 3, 2012 at 6:12 PM

That cant be fun....bet you feel like your walking in circles some days.

Quoting homeskoolmama:

As soon as I read this I thought "my mind" but other than that, it is a daily thing. This whole fibro brain fog who knows, I may loose/misplace or forget any number of things during the day.

AriMommy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:15 PM

It was a pair of shoes she wanted.  Luckily I was able to go get her another pair.  Her and I are the same shoe size and I like the ones I got her, so when I find the original pair, I can just keep them for myself if it's too late to return them.

Quoting Esmrlda:

Quoting AriMommy:

The present I bought my Mom last month for Mother's Day.  I thought I put it in my closet, but when I went to grab it to mail it today, it's MIA. 

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 3, 2012 at 6:43 PM

lol

Quoting DesignGirl450:

I find that when I clean up and put things away, then I want something, and can't remember where I put it.  It doesn't pay to be neat.  

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 3, 2012 at 6:44 PM

have you found it yet?

Quoting Bmat:

(I still can't find my tv remote)

My husband says never move things to another place, that you always remember the first place and not the second. I have found this to be true.

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 3, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Yeah good thing they were nice about it.

Quoting Bmat:

I needed it because I wanted to have proof of partial payment and exactly what we'd ordered. Thank goodness the store was very nice about sending new copies.

Quoting Esmrlda:

LOl thats so funny about finding things that you lost before.....why did you need the paperwork for the furniture?

Quoting Bmat:

I misplace things all the time, but I have all of my life so it isn't just now that I am (ahem) older.  The last major thing I lost was the paperwork for our new bedroom furniture. I looked all through the house- found a few things actually that I had lost before- and even dug around under the seat in the car. The furniture store sent out new copies. Two weeks later my husband found the originals, in the arm rest in the car. For some reason I must have thought that was an organized place for the papers.

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 3, 2012 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

What a good daughter you are!  Good plan on the shoes.

Quoting AriMommy:

It was a pair of shoes she wanted.  Luckily I was able to go get her another pair.  Her and I are the same shoe size and I like the ones I got her, so when I find the original pair, I can just keep them for myself if it's too late to return them.

Quoting Esmrlda:

Quoting AriMommy:

Esmrlda
by Esme on May. 3, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Your sooo lucky someone didnt steal your car!  Haha you must of been hungry and in a hurry!

Quoting KittyGram:

Actually, the last thing(s) I lost were my keys.  It was about 2 weeks ago.  I was at a local hot dog/beef place with my granddaughter and a friend of mine.  When we went to leave, I looked all over for my keys, under the table, in the restroom, on the floor between the table and the restroom.  Asked the manager to check to see if someone had turned them in.  Finally decided I should check outside.  They were in THE IGNITION.  Fortunately I'd left the door unlocked.  And fortunately, if anyone else noticed they were in the ignition, they probably thought I was TRYING to have someone steal it!!!!  Scary.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)